As a teacher, one of the areas that we focus a great amount of attention to is the social-emotional skills of children. We want them to develop compassion, empathy, and to be able to self-regulate in the classroom. But just how do we teach them to do such.
In this 1-day workshop, teachers will be introduced to ways to bring mindfulness into the classroom and teach students how to practice this skill that will last them a lifetime.
* take a look at current classroom management
* name specific goals for classroom
* learn and practice basic mindfulness skills for students
* learn how to incorporate mindfulness into the school day
* walk away with sample lessons to use in the classroom
* mindfulness cards with activities for the classroom
July 31, 9am-2pm
$175, Early Bird: $150 by June 1
Candace Glass holds a BA Early Childhood and taught in public and private schools for over 20 years and has studied with Mindful Schools for over 3 years in mindfulness work. Candace is yoga and mindfulness practitioner.
Candace became the owner of Southtown Yoga in March 2016. She also owns Elephant Power: Mindfulness and Yoga for Kids. Candace is passionate about teaching yoga and mindfulness to everyone -- young and old alike. A city resident, Candace loves dark chocolate, sushi, and walking her dogs at Tower Grove Park. She is grateful for the Southtown community and believes that life is about the simple things and every day is a gift to cherish and hold.
E-RYT 200, RCYT, RPYT, and Certified yogahour teacher.