No two births are alike! Our Preparing for Natural Childbirth
class recognizes the uniqueness of each birth and offers
comprehensive information on labor and delivery from a
You may be interested in this class if:
- You want to learn more about natural childbirth and explore this possibility
- You hope to limit medications and interventions during your labor and delivery
- You are planning natural childbirth and want techniques, tools, and coping skills for labor and delivery
- You are planning a natural childbirth but also want to understand all available options and possible interventions
- You are planning a natural childbirth in the hospital
- You are birthing at home or in a birth center and wish to maximize your chances of a natural childbirth in those settings, but you want to be knowledgeable about hospital proceedures if a transfer is necessary
- You are in your 5th to 8th month of pregnancy
In addition to the material traditionally presented in childbirth classes (such as anatomy and medical procedures), this class addresses alternative medicine for birth, negotiating a birth plan, and individualizing care according to your family's needs. This class also includes hands-on tools and strategies to prepare expectant parents for the challenges of birth. Participants will practice breathing exercises, labor positions, massage, relaxation techniques, and movements to help the baby pass more easily out of the pelvis during birth.
This class prepares expectant parents for the normal stresses of childbirth, equips them to cope with the unexpected, and empowers them to make the best decisions for their families.
Key topics include:
- How to handle average, very long, and very short labors
- A realistic approach to labor pain
- The surprising role of pelvic exams in labor
- New ways to push out a baby
- The important roles of partners, loved ones, and doulas
- The modern Lamaze approach
Price includes mother and her labor partner. Participants should wear comfortable clothing that will allow for movement during class. Evening classes will allow for a break in the middle. Weekend classes will allow for a lunch break and bathroom breaks in between.
Jun 15, 2019