In this class expectant parents will learn and practice a variety of hands-on-methods and techniques that may help provide comfort during labor. Additionally, participants will explore the symbiotic relationship between movement and optimal positioning for labor and delivery. This class is for first-time parents as well as those with previous birth experience and is complimentary to all childbirth preparation classes.
You may be interested in this class if:
- You are giving birth in a hospital or at home
- You are planning a natural childbirth, planning to use medication as pain relief, or are undecided
- You have taken a basic childbirth class and would like more methods and hands-on practice using comfort measures to prepare for labor
- You have given birth before but would like to review comfort techniques for labor
- You have not taken a childbirth class but are familiar with the basics of childbirth (such as anatomy and the stages of labor) and would like more specific information about comfort measures
In this class you will learn and practice:
- Positions and movement that promote both comfort and progress in labor
- Optimal positioning for your baby
- How to use a rebozo
- Massage and acupressure
- Breathing for relaxation
Registration Details: One labor/support partner is welcome to attend class with each expectant mother free of charge. Participants should wear comfortable clothing that will allow for movement during class.