Period:Jun 16, 2024 - Jun 23, 2024
Number of Sessions:8
Days of week
Duration:Jun 16, 2024 - Jun 23, 2024
Days of week:Mon / Tues / Wed / Thur / Fri / Sat / Sun
Time:8:00AM - 8:00PM
Location:Anderson Yoga Center
Staff:Jen Fortin, Megan Schlobohm
Repeat every:1 week
Smart Sequencing + Thoughtful Theming
Yoga Retreat and Teacher Training
with Jen Fortin + Megan Schlobohm
June 16 - 23, 2024
Join us for an unforgettable Yoga Retreat and Yoga Teacher Training experience in Amorgos, Greece with Jen Fortin and Megan Schlobohm, June 16 - 23, 2024! This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will be held at a Luxury Wellness Resort on the island of Amorgos, Greece, and will include daily yoga and meditation, as well as 30 hours of yoga teacher training around the subject of Creative Theming and Sequencing (both Megan and Jen are YACEP, and these 30 hours can be counted as YA contact CEUs).
If you have ever felt repetitive or uninspired when attempting to plan a yoga class, then this course is for YOU! Throughout the week, Megan and Jen will share their extensive knowledge of how to plan and implement a creative and dynamic Vinyasa yoga class (which can be taught to a variety of levels), including how to develop and weave in an intentional theme. You will leave Greece with not only inspiration, but a workbook full of fun, unique, and out of the box class planning ideas to reference for years to come!
In between training sessions, students will have the opportunity to explore the island of Amorgos via hiking, scooters, bus tours, snorkeling, or even donkeys; bask in the Grecian sun, either at the resort’s beautiful salt water pool or at the beach, both other looking the Aegean Sea; pamper yourself with body treatments at the resort’s on-site spa; enjoy traditional Greek food and beverages at the resort’s restaurants and cafe; and so much more! This week will be both a learning experience and one of memories to cherish for a lifetime!
- Daily Yoga and Meditation classes with Megan and Jen
- 30 contact hours of yoga teacher training, focusing on Creative Theming and Sequencing for yoga teachers, as well as all course materials
- 7 nights/8 days accommodations at a 5-star Luxury Wellness Resort
- Daily room service
- All breakfasts, and either lunch or dinner each day (fresh and locally grown ingredients)
- Unlimited Wi-fi access
- 30 minute relaxing massage
- 10% off all services at the resort’s spa
- Use of all resort facilities, including rooftop pool and spa amenities (sauna, hammam, jacuzzi, indoor seawater swimming pool, fitness center)
- Transfers upon arrival and departure on Amorgos (port to hotel, hotel to port)
- Vat, City Tax
- Spa Treatments
- Tours or excursions
- Either lunch or dinner each day
- Alcoholic and other beverages
- Gratuities and other fees
What you can expect to learn and do during training
- Fundamentals to sequencing a yoga class
- Successfully interweaving pranayama and meditation into a class
- How to use music for inspiration and setting a mood
- Fun and funky transitions
- Exploring unique and intentional movement within a single posture
- Creative, dynamic sequencing methods and ideas
- How to effectively choose and integrate themes to elevate a class
- Group work and exploration
- Play with journal prompts and meditations for cultivating creativity and class planning inspiration
- Earn 30 hours of Yoga Alliance accredited continuing education units with certificate of completion
Amorgos is a remarkably unspoiled island at the south-eastern edge of the Cyclades group, where traditional customs are still inextricably interwoven into a landscape as rich in beauty as in its history and culture. Originally inhabited by seafarers from Asia Minor in the 4th Century BC, the island now cradles people who enjoy a lifestyle that has been shaped by a varied and dramatic past. This is a place that appears untouched by time, but where the inhabitants quietly preserve one of the best kept secrets of the Aegean.
On Amorgos, you can discover secluded and remote beaches like Mouros, Plakes, Kambi, Levrossos, Psili Ammos, Mikri and Megali Vlychada and Agii Saranda which are considered to be among the best beaches on the island. Of course, there are also other popular and busy beaches like Katapola or Aegiali, located next to the two ports of Amorgos. The island’s highlight is Agia Anna beach, below the impressive 1000 year old Byzantine monastery of Chozoviotissa, where the famous film “Big Blue” was shot.
Choosing the best beaches in Amorgos is no easy task, as the island boasts some of the most beautiful and scenic beaches in the Cyclades! Taking this into consideration, Aegialis Hotel & Spa has prepared a list with most beautiful beaches on the island, so that your visit to Amorgos and Greece consists of an endless beach exploration.
Your Superior room features state-of-the-art facilities in a minimal Cycladic design mentality and presents a subtle, elegant and modern comfort. Each room includes a flat screen 32″ + TV, free WiFi Internet, direct telephone line, air-conditioning, private balcony, fridge, coffee & tea facilities, kettle, hair dryer, safe box, daily maid service, laundry & ironing services, bathrobes & pool towels, slippers, bathtub, welcome drink, and free access to the Spa (Sauna – Hammam – Jacuzzi – Indoor Swimming Pool – Fitness Center).
Pricing and Payments:
All rooms can be either single occupancy (one king bed) or double occupancy (two twin beds), and have private bathroom, and private balcony with views of the Aegean Sea.
- Single Occupancy - $3600/person
- Double Occupancy - $3000/person
We will also be hosting a non-training retreat week June 23 - 30, 2024, and any participant of June 17 - 23, 2024 who wishes to stay for both weeks will receive a $300 discount, applied to the final payment, deposits required for each retreat week."
- $500 Deposit (NON-REFUNDABLE)
- 50% due by February 17, 2024
- Full balance due by March 18, 2024
- Payment plans available (a schedule of payments will be automatically drafted, contract signature required)
- For all payment plans, $25 transaction fee per payment
- If booked after March 18, 2024, full payment is due
For travel details, please visit our website at www.andersonyogacenter.com/greece-teacher-training
Ready to Reserve Your Spot?
You can make your $500 deposit here ( ) and we will contact you shortly to help you secure your room of choice. Please note that all accommodations are subject to availability, which we would be happy to discuss with you.
Need assistance or have questions? Please feel free to reach out to Megan & Jen at AYCretreats@gmail.com, especially if you are booking alongside family or friends.
See you in Greece!