Number of Sessions:0
Days of week
Introduction to Suspension Yoga Workshop is a fantastic way to introduce yourself to our Purple Suspended rigs.
Suspension Yoga uses gravity to allow you to be fully supported and suspended (anti-gravity) in the air upside down giving you a new found sense of freedom. You are suspended just a few feet off the ground and it can transform your practise.
This workshop will use suspended material of a sling with suspension handsets which offers yoga practitioners functional pulling and grip strength lacking in your day-to-day yoga practise.
This workshop will start with a warm-up of movement and breath, progress into traditional yoga postures including arm balances, twists, pushing, pulling, core stability, hip opening and then combines spinal traction and passive backbends with breathwork and relaxation techniques. The sling offers an amazing relaxation and melts away all tension in your body.
Suspension Yoga helps decompress the spine, build strength in your back and increase core connection. It is a great way to build stamina and confidence and it is a LOT of fun!
Suitable for all levels including beginners, but NOT recommended for individuals who have high blood preassure, stage 2+ herniated discs, cataracts, glaucoma and other eye conditions or pregnant women.
Please note that once made, Event bookings (workshops, courses and trainings) cannot be cancelled or refunded for any reason unless the Event itself is cancelled. Please ensure you use this pass to reserve your space in the Event. You will receive a separate booking email, confirming your space is reserved. Please ensure if booking more than one space you enrol all participants.
Joining a virtual class: please log on 10 minutes before the start of class to ensure a safe & harmonious experience for all.
- Ensure you have your Wellness Living login details at hand before joining the class.
- Please mute your microphone when you join the class and stay muted for the duration - this ensures there are no unwanted distractions for teachers and participants alike.
- Please pin the Teacher in your Zoom application to get the best experience. Tap the Host or Participant's name and then tap Pin or Spotlight Video.
- If you do not wish to be seen by other participants, please turn off your video, this will not stop you from seeing the studio and the teacher!
- Your teacher will do a sound check at the start of class - please give them a big thumbs up so they know you can hear them!
- By joining a streamed class you are accepting responsibility for having a good general level of physical fitness. If in doubt, please seek medical advice from your GP.