$500.00 non-refundable deposit secures your spot.
200 Instructional hours & 25 Karma hours
Friday – 5:30pm to 9:30pm
Saturday – 8:30am to 5:30pm
Sunday – 8:30am to 5:30pm
Sept. 27-29 Jan. 10
Oct. 18-20 Jan. 24-26
Nov. 1-3 Feb. 7-9
Nov. 22-24 Feb. 28-Mar 1
Dec. 6-8 Mar. 27-29
Classes include yoga practice, discussions, demonstrations, lectures and partner work. This training is very interactive – students discuss, question and practice teaching throughout. We maintain a small class size to ensure a personalized and intimate learning experience. It is a very supportive, friendship based environment.
There are no prerequisites for this training. An understanding of yoga is helpful but not essential. You do not need to be able to do a headstand to join. This teacher training is based on general yoga fundamentals. Our aim is to produce creative teachers with their own teaching style.
Our approach is relaxed and fun. There is a lot to learn but we learn it all as a community, supporting and working with each other. We welcome and support out of town students by connecting people for ride-share and accommodation if needed.
Training Includes a Karma project of the student’s creation where they give back to their community.
1. Techniques, Training and Practice: 100 hours • Asana • Pranayama • Kriya • Kirtan • Mantra • Meditation
2. Teaching Methodology: 25 hours • Business of Yoga • Teaching Styles • Qualities of a teacher • Sequencing • Language and Voice
3. Anatomy and Physiology: 20 hours • Applying anatomy and physiology to yoga • Energetic anatomy, chakras, nadis • Contraindications, benefits • Pathologies
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: 30 hours • The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts, such as the Yoga Sutras and Hatha Yoga Pradipika • Yoga lifestyle, such as the precept of non-violence (ahimsa), and the concepts of dharma and karma • Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher – student relationships and community • Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others (seva)
5. Practicum: 25 hours • Practice teaching • Receiving and giving feedback • Observing others teaching • Assisting students while someone else is teaching
Karma project and at home study 25 hrs
TOTAL HOURS: 225 hours