“I leave every session with a renewed sense of freedom in my mind and body. I handle stress better and find myself more relaxed when under pressure. I am very happy with the results.”
-- Michael W.
A Pleasure in the Neck (and Shoulders) Look around, look around . . .
From Limitation to Liberation with The Feldenkrais Method® of somatic education and MaryBeth Smith
March 14, 2:00 - 4:30 pm
Does your stiff, achy neck and cranky shoulders limit your abilities to do the things you want?
- Does it hurt to turn your head to back out of your driveway?
- Do you wake up thinking, “Ooh, I must have slept funny. . .”
- Do you have to modify simple movements, like putting on your coat, fastening your bra, brushing your hair, because your shoulders and arms hurt?
- Have you given up hobbies because they make your neck and shoulders feel tight and strained?
In this Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement® workshop, you will easily FEEL the difference that mindful movement can bring to your daily life. You will learn to quickly and easily free your neck and shoulders anytime, anywhere, without equipment or painful exercises.
- Reaching for the top shelf (whatever you keep up there!) without pain
- Waking up feeling great and ready to go
- Putting on your jacket without a grimace
- Hearing people say you look rested, or complimenting you on your improved posture
Purpose / Benefits:
- Turn your head without pain so you can --change lanes in traffic safely, -- back out of your driveway without pain -- watch a sporting event all the way through -- experience seeing, smelling, hearing, tasting more vividly and enjoy your senses more
- Relieve shoulder tension and immobility so you can --lift your suitcase into the overhead bin, reach the plates (martini glasses!) on the top shelf, pick up your child or grandchild without pain, put on coat without assistance; dry your hair, or fasten your bra --
Regular price: $50 Early bird special: $40 if registered online by March 12.