Restorative Yoga is a practice of stillness and rest, with each pose placing the body in a passive shape that opens or relaxes certain areas of the body. In yoga, the primary colors that we like to see on holiday-lit homes are also colors used to represent the levels of consciousness we carry with these bodies. The chakras of the spine have attributions of color to each, and each chakra, or energy center in the spine, is said to help us move upward to our highest self, like that star at the top of the tree, representing unified consciousness. In our practice of restorative yoga, we’ll sequentially emphasize opening each of these energy centers and in doing that, lighting the Chakras within.
Note: Even though Restorative Yoga is passive, this practice may not be suitable for all bodies. It’s fine however to modify!
For online students:
Things to have ready at home for our time together:
- A candle (more is fine!) and or quiet lighting
- A quiet place, without disturbances
- Optional: Relaxing background music playing (no words or ads) or white noise
- Bolster or firm Sofa Cushion (not pillow)
- 2 Blocks or 2 firm toss pillows
- 2 Blankets (Firm, like wool or Mexican cotton. Option: Large thick bath/beach towel)