200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
with Megan Schlobohm
December 2021 - May 2022
Join Anderson Yoga Center for this in-depth study of Yoga, from its ancient origins to its modern practice; the mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual elements of Yoga; and how to safely and effectively teach yoga to others. This training is for anyone interested in diving deeper into the study of Yoga, whether or not you intend to become a teacher.
What You'll Learn
Anderson Yoga Center is currently in the review process with Yoga Alliance to obtain full certification as a Registered Yoga School at the 200-hour level (RYS200), and the AYC 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training will strictly follow Yoga Alliance Elevated Standards of Training, which includes:
- Techniques, Training, and Practice - 75+ Hours
- Asana (history; anatomical and subtle body details of more than 100 postures; complete sequencing; how to effectively cue each posture; safe assisting and adjusting; contraindications and how to safely teach to a variety of students; extensive practice opportunities)
- Pranayama & Subtle Body (history; anatomy of the subtle body; subtle body effects of yoga, pranayama, and meditation; pranayama techniques, including Ujjayi, Nadi Shodhana, and Kapalabhati; sequencing pranayama (inside of and separate of asana); how to effectively and safely teach basic pranayama to students; Koshas, Kleshas, Chakras, Nadis, and Prana Vayus; extensive practice opportunities)
- Meditation (history; methods of meditation; physiological effects; brainwave patterns; extensive practice opportunities; Chanting, Mantras, and Mudras)
- Anatomy & Physiology - 30+ Hours
- Anatomy (skeletal System; joints; muscular system; muscle contractions; connective tissue; anatomy in yoga)
- Physiology (Nervous System; Stress Response; Vagal Theory; Mind-Body connection; Cardiovascular/Circulatory System; Endocrine System; Digestive System; Respiratory System; physiology in yoga)
- Biomechanics (Directions of movement; Joint movement and stabilization; balancing, stretching, awareness, and physical limitations in yoga; contraindications, misalignments, and adaptations in yoga)
- Yoga Humanities - 30+ Hours
- History (what is yoga; lineages, styles, and methodologies of yoga; key dates and ideas)
- Philosophy (definitions and terms in yoga; relationship between asana, pranayama, and meditation; major yogic texts, including Yoga Sutras, Vedas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, and Hatha Yoga Pradipika; how philosophy of yoga relates to the practice and teaching)
- Ethics (Yoga Sutras and similar Yogic ethical precepts; Yoga Alliance's Ethical Commitment, including Scope of Practice, Code of Conduct, and Equity Position Statement; comprehension of and responsibility to increase equity in yoga; accountability measures; how ethics are a part of yoga practice and teaching)
- Professional Essentials - 50+ Hours
- Teaching Methodology (Sequencing; Pace; Environment; Cueing, including verbal, visual, and physical; class management)
- Professional Development (yoga-related professional organizations, including Yoga Alliance and its credentialling process; Ethical Commitments; Continuing Education as a lifetime commitment to learning; general professionalism, including timeliness, consistency, and cleanliness; marketing and promotion; liability insurance, waivers, and invoicing)
- Practicum (Practice Teaching; demonstrating competencies across key components of the training; Mentoriship Program; Apprenticeship Program; self-feedback and group feedback)
- Electives - 15+ Hours
- Sacred Sound
- Anatomy Trains - Myofascial Systems
- Special Populations
Dates and Prices
In order to achieve certification, all weekend dates must be fully attended. Students will also meet via Zoom on a Wednesday evening in between weekends in order to have a group practice, homework check-in, and Q&A time.
- Weekend 1 : December 4 & 5
- Weekend 2: December 18 & 19
- Weekend 3: January 8 & 9
- Weekend 4: January 29 & 30
- Weekend 5: February 19 & 20
- Weekend 6: March 12 & 13
- Weekend 7: April 2 & 3
- Weekend 8: April 23 & 24
- Weekend 9: May 14 & 15
- Weekend 10: June 4 & 5
How to Apply
You can begin the application process by filling out this Enrollment Form:
Once we have received your Enrollment Form, we will schedule a personal interview with you, either in-person or via Zoom, depending on availability. Once accepted into the training, a $500 deposit will reserve your spot.
The full price of this training is $2200. Payment plans are available, and all fees must be paid in full before the start date. If paid in full before November 1, you may received an Early Bird discount of $200 off.
All students will receive an Anderson Yoga Center 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training manual and workbook to accompany this training, and in addition, the following textbooks are required and can be purchased at the studio:
- “Teaching Yoga” by Mark Stephens - https://amzn.to/2IKIVWV
- “Key Muscles of Yoga” by Ray Long - https://amzn.to/2A17ZpL
About Megan Schlobohm
ERYT200/RYT500 Lead Yoga Teacher Trainer
Megan Schlobohm (She/Her) is the owner of Anderson Yoga Center, and a fellow Yoga instructor at the studio. Megan has been practicing yoga since 2003, and earned her RYT200 Certificate in September 2017. In January 2018, she purchased the studio and began shaping it into the vibrant, fun, life-enriching place it is today. July 2020, Megan completed an additional 300 hours of advanced yoga teacher training with John's Creek Yoga in Atlanta, GA, upgrading her licensure to ERYT200/RYT500. Megan has a Master's of Science in Mental Health Therapy from Mercer University, and spent 9 years as a professional chef alongside her husband, Ernie, working on luxury yachts in the Caribbean.
Megan's main style is vinyasa-based, with a methodical pace; special focus on pranayama; attention to safe alignment, and a positive message to take beyond the mat. Megan also teaches Gentle Flow, Yin Yoga, and Restorative Yoga, which are much slower and have a deeply relaxing vibe. In addition, Megan studies and teaches meditation, offering several guided meditation classes every week, as well as special meditation events. Overall, she seeks to help students find a lifelong, fulfilling, sustainable practice. You will often hear sound-healing elements in the class (chanting, koshi bells, crystal singing bowls), and her savasana will take you to another world with doTERRA essential oils. She also teaches Goat Yoga at Split Creek Farm in Anderson and Kid's Yoga, sharing even more joy and laughter with the community!
Megan holds her Reiki Master certification; is certified in Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra Meditation, and Thai Yoga Massage; and is YACEP certified to provide CEUs to Yoga Instructors.
Questions? Feel free to reach out! You can email Megan at email@example.com.
We are so excited for you to embark upon this journey with us!
Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Megan Schlobohm (including Certification and CEUs)
Join us at Anderson Yoga Center for a Yoga Teacher Training experience with studio owner, Megan Schlobohm – “Yin Yoga Teacher Training (with CEUs and Certification).” This 20-hour training is for Yoga Instructors who are interested in learning more about Yin Yoga, with special focus on teaching safe and effective Yin Yoga to students as a Yoga Instructor.
This certification includes a manual with the following objectives and areas of discussion:
- What is Yin Yoga
- The history and origins of Yin Yoga
- Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual benefits of Yin Yoga
- Meridian Theory (from Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- Yin Yoga in relationship to other styles of yoga (especially Restorative Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga)
- Populations that would greatly benefit from Yin Yoga (especially athletes and other active individuals)
- Basic 26 Yin Yoga postures (with alignment cues, variations, modifications, use of props, and contraindications)
- The anatomy of Yin Yoga (including discussion about connective tissue)
- Designing a Yin Yoga class, and basic guidelines for teaching Yin Yoga
- Resources to help yoga teachers continue learning and incorporating Yin Yoga into their teaching career
In addition to these teaching points, Students will experience Yin Yoga through 5 practices (60 - 90 minutes long each), with time to discuss and better understand the experience afterwards.
Upon completion of these 20 hours of training, you will receive a certificate of completion, and will be eligible to record 20 hours of CEUs with Yoga Alliance.
March 4 – 6, 2022
Friday, March 4 – 5 to 9pm
Saturday, March 5 – 8:30am to 6pm
Sunday, March 6 – 8:30am to 6pm
Cost per person - $350, early bird price of $300 if registered before January 1
About your Yin Yoga Teacher Trainer:
Megan Schlobohm is an EYRT500 Yoga Instructor and the owner of Anderson Yoga Center. Megan has been practicing yoga since 2003, and teaching since 2017. Megan is additionally certified in Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra Meditation, Thai Yoga Massage, and Reiki Energy Healing (at the Master Level); she consistently studies, practices, and teaches Meditation and Pranayama; and in 2006, she earned her M.S. in Counseling from Mercer University in Atlanta. Megan is the lead instructor of the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program at Anderson Yoga Center, and leads both local and international Yoga Retreats. Megan's vision at Anderson Yoga Center is to provide a safe space for her students to experience the transformational power of yoga!
Questions? Feel free to reach out!
Anderson Yoga Center
1716 Pearman Dairy Rd, Suite D
Anderson, SC 29625