Intensive Reformer (IR) is intended for those with a passion for fitness and movement. Conducted over 50 hours, typically 4 weekends. This course teaches you to design and lead the Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES Reformer repertoire for personal or group training settings for a range of clients. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Reformer programs.
- The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Effective use of the reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Effective communication and observational skills
- Verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 139 exercises plus modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- Workout composition for personal and group training
Manuals: Essential Reformer, Intermediate Reformer
2 DVD Titles: Essential Reformer 3rd Ed, Intermediate Reformer
(includes Modifications & Power Reformer)
NOTE: Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Book is required for IMP and IR courses but only needs to be purchased once so not included in Course Package.