Are you ready for a makeover? In this weekend, we will work together to give your teaching language a glow-up—not plastic surgery! We are looking to enhance the good and buff the rough edges, not to reconstruct you into a cookie cutter automaton. Our work together will burn off any excessive, vague language and polish your words to a bright shine, so you can most clearly deliver yoga's benefits to your students.
This workshop includes detailed self-assessment assignments to complete before we meet, so please budget at least four hours to prepare your homework in the weeks before the workshop.
Our in-person sessions will:
- Create a safe space for self-improvement
- Investigate the kind of feedback we get as yoga teachers
- Explore how to give and receive critique effectively
- Practice cueing movement in ways to suit all learning styles
- Include exercises to reveal our individual habits of verbal and nonverbal communication
- Prompt you to decide what's already working well and what could be done differently
- Support you with concrete suggestions for how to be the clearest communicator you can be
- Set goals for you to level up your teaching language to help your students better