RedCord is a neuromuscular suspension training system that uses bungees, cords and slings to offload the body. Using instability and support, exercises performed in the slings help to correct imbalances and weakness in the body. CORE’S teacher training program includes two training weekends and an apprenticeship designed to provide participants with the tools to teach Redcord safely and effectively.
WEEKEND ONE: SUSPENSION TRAINING FUNDAMENTALS (12 hrs)
FRIDAY AUGUST 23rd 1pm-7pm and
SATURDAY AUGUST 24th 1pm-7pm
The focus will be to learn the function and proper set up of the equipment and to provide the teaching tools to determine what exercises are appropriate for clients. Students learn off loaded exercises in the prone, supine, side lying and standing positions with both bilateral and unilateral motions. These exercises provide the foundation for the practice.
After weekend 1, each student begins:
Apprenticeship Phase 1 (30 hours + 1 Observed Teaching):
12 Observation hours (observing teachers in the studio)
12 Practice teaching hours (teaching volunteer clients)
6 private lessons with a Redcord-trained teacher
1 Observed teaching (teaching a session while being observed by a trainer) to be completed before the beginning of weekend 2.
WEEKEND 2: ADVANCED SUSPENSION TRAINING PROGRAM(12 hrs)
FRIDAY OCTOBER 18th 1pm-7pm and
SATURDAY OCTOBER 19th 1pm-7pm
During weekend two students learn the function of the AXIS, a pulley system that creates additional challenge with instability. Students will explore more advanced suspension training exercises that challenge stability without bungeed support. Students also learn how to do a movement screen analysis to identify imbalances in the client’s body and make appropriate exercise choices.
After weekend 2, each student begins:
Apprenticeship Phase 2 (30 hours + 1 observed teaching)
The Phase 2 apprenticeship follows the same structure and number of hours as Phase 1, incorporating observation, practice teaching and private lessons to build students’ skill sets and confidence. The second observed teaching serves as the final test out for graduation from the program.
PROGRAM COST - 2 payment options
Includes the entire program detailed above
Paid in Full: $1899 (PIF)
Installment Plan: $475 to register and 5 payments of $285/mo that are autobilled to the credit/debit card on file on the 28th of each month
*Please call the studio at 404-814-2272 to purchase the Installment Plan
All payments are nonrefundable unless CORE Buckhead cancels the course.
Why CORE Buckhead's Redcord Teacher Training Program?
- Our Redcord teacher training program is taught by seasoned instructors with nearly 35 years of combined teaching experience who have studied under many suspension experts since Redcord equipment was brought to the U.S. a decade ago.
- Our teacher trainers have thousands of hours of hands-on experience teaching on Redcord equipment.
- We provide a program that delivers personalized mentoring and feedback to assist you in reaching your full teaching potential.
- CORE’s Redcord teacher training program combines traditional workshop training and an intensive internship to provide you with the hands-on experience needed to confidently work with clients.
- We provide a training schedule that can fit into a busy work schedule, too
- After completing CORE’s training program, trainees will have all of the tools needed to assess a client’s need for suspension training and teach a full session on the Redcord equipment.
- Through our apprentice program, trainees will learn to see imbalances and weaknesses in their clients’ bodies and be able to address them confidently.
- Trainees will also see how suspension training will fit into other fitness modalities and improve their clients’ everyday life by increasing strength and decreasing pain