Get introduced to the world of lapidary arts and spend a week alongside an internationally renowned lapidary artist, Michael Boyd. Learn how to cut, polish and set cabochons in many different materials.
Students begin their class by cutting traditional cabochons and set their freshly cut cabs in a stylized bezel.
- Students will learn and practice:
- -Cutting traditional cabochons and set freshly cut cabs in a stylized bezel
- -Settings for stone-on-stone
- -Drilling holes in stone
- -Carving grooves and slots in stone
- -Stacked/layered bezels
- -A variety of alternative setting styles and mountings