From self-management to surgery, there are a variety of ways to manage pain and stiffness related to osteoarthritis (OA). Join our orthopedic experts to learn how you can manage your OA to keep moving and feeling better.
- Ashley Austin, MD (Primary Care Sports Medicine)
- Jason Machowsky, RD, CSSC, CSCS (Registered Dietitian and Exercise Physiologist)
Learn about the importance of bone health and the benefit of metabolic bone testing to improve surgical outcomes and recovery. panelists Drs. Serota, Stein, and Betty Chow
- Alana Serota, MD, CCFP, CCD (Primary Care Physician)
- Emily Stein, MD, MS (Endocrinologist)
- Shingpui Betty Chow, PT, PhD, MA, OCS (Physical Therapist)
Moderator: Linda Russel, MD (Rheumatologist)
Traumatic joint injuries can put you at a greater risk of developing osteoarthritis later in life. Learn the common signs of post-traumatic osteoarthritis and how to manage it.
- Anna Ribaudo, PT, DPT, (Physical Therapist)
- Scott Rodeo, MD (Director Center for Regenerative Medicine)
James Wyss, MD, PT (Physiatrist)
Moderator: Anil Nandkumar, PT, DPT (Physical Therapist)
This common condition, which can be caused by aging and wear & tear of the joint, can interfere with daily living. Join us to learn different causes and symptoms of knee pain and how we manage this condition at HSS.
Physical activity is a key pillar of Lifestyle Medicine. Learn how movement and fitness can help people with musculoskeletal conditions and coexisting lifestyle-related diseases better manage pain, function, and overall health.
- Elizabeth Nguyen, MD (Physiatrist)
- HSS Rehabilitation
Moderator: Claudia Zurlini, Senior Coordinator II, Education Institute