Members Only Party, Showcase and Potluck
We have an amazing community here at Iron X Fitness, and to show our appreciation for all of you and the amazing energy you bring to the studio, we are throwing a holiday bash like you’ve never seen before!
Get into the holiday spirit – IXF style – with a potluck feast, secret santa, member trivia, games, ugly sweater contest, performances, and more!
Members are invited to show off the skills they’ve been working so hard to learn over the past months. Whether you are new to pole/hoop or have performed in previous showcases, this is an awesome opportunity to own your energy and show off what you’ve learned in a safe, supportive, member’s only environment!
Get creative with it – grab your Santa hat, your elf ears or your reindeer onesie and show us your pole, hoop, chair dance skills and more!
Tickets are free!
Master your pole skills as well as your social media skills!
If you're anything like Saskia, you'll do anything for the gram! In this original workshop, you will be guided through sensual freestyles while being filmed by a partner and vice versa. Learn to change focal points and dance for a moving audience.
A choreography workshop suitable for all levels.
In this 75 minute workshop you will learn an original new school exotic choreography. Learn to command a stage and own your inner stripper.
Heels and kneepads required.
Sexiest outfit you own encouraged.
Focus on the functional anatomy of the shoulders, arms, wrists, hands, head and neck for 3 days of dynamic embodiment.
What do you learn?
Fill your tool-kit with experiential anatomy practices and selfcare strategies to heighten your understanding of the upper torso and its limbs. Improve strength, mobility and integrated body awareness. You’ll be guided through a variety of hands-on adjustments, assessments, injury scenarios and meditation. Gain insight on incorporating novel shoulder movements into your classroom (or personal practice) while improving your teaching performance.
Each day begins with a performance-focused workshop that incorporates self-massage techniques using a variety of Roll Model® Therapy Balls followed by a movement-based session loaded with out-of-the box moves. Master the multiple simple and complex articulations of the upper body to improve posture and performance while reducing pain.
This Shoulders Immersion Training course is appropriate for students and movement educators who wish to deepen their knowledge and somatic understanding of the human body.
Map your upper torso with therapeutic Roll Model self-massage.
Refine Your Basics
Explore simple and complex moves to deconstruct and reconstruct your body habits.
Find Body Blinds Spots
Identify and eliminate your mobility obstacles.
Required Reference Material:
- Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biell
- The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller
- Fascia: Function, Physiology, and Application Webinar from Yoga International
This course was created to provide you with valuable skills and knowledge to safely instruct foundational Pole Dance Fitness classes and programming. Upon completion of this course, you will be certified to teach Beginner's Pole Dance Fitness classes.
COURSE KEY OBJECTIVES INCLUDE:
- Develop expert knowledge in quality instruction and be comfortable leading healthy participants in a group format
- Management of a classroom and various situations
- Ability to create effective warm-ups, cool-downs and class lesson plans
- Knowledge in how movements link together to form a balanced class
- Learn / demonstrate injury prevention and safe spotting techniques
- Implement safe learning progressions and the ability to teach different skill levels within one class
- Ability to assess student’s strength, mobility, stability and flexibility to better provide them with alternative options to reduce the chance of injury
- Understand physics of pole movement, muscle activation, posture analysis, joint positioning and function of the core
- Develop coaching skills in order to properly cue and correct students in execution of movements and technical form
- Understand your responsibilities as a Pole Dance Fitness instructor
- Successfully complete the course, practical and all written assignments / exams
- Become certified as a “Pole Dance Fitness Instructor”
Safety is our #1 priority!
*Recommended Book for this course “Trail Guide to the Body - Andrew Biel”*
Terra Marie is the Founder and an instructor at Sensual Serenity in Kingston. She specializes in Pole Dancing, Yoga, correctional movement training for athletes, and has a background in dance. She completed a Diploma in Fitness and Health Promotion and has been teaching full-time in the fitness industry for over 14 years.
Her love for dance started in her teens with Jazz, ballet and hip hop. In her 20’s she discovered partner dancing when she attended swing dance lessons. Terra quickly moved over to Latin dance and is currently studying under Salsa Ole in Ottawa competing in salsa, bachata and Latin hustle. She started her journey with pole fitness in 2012 and enjoys sharing her passion with others.
- Fitness and Health promotion Diploma, St. Lawrence College
- 500 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training, Shri Kali Ashram in India
- Traditional Hatha Yoga, Rishikesh Yog Peeth in India
- Over 15 years instructing in the fitness industry
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Strength and Conditioning Expert for Pole Sport
- Certified Pole Fitness Instructor
- Certified Personal Trainer with CSEP
- Standard CPR and First Aid level C
- Joint Mobility and Movement Training
- Advanced Stability and Core Training
- Certified ZUMBA Level 2 Instructor
- Certified Fitness Kickboxing Instructor
- Functional Movement Screening (FMS) Certification
- Functional Muscular Testing and Graduated Exercises Certification
- Olympic Weightlifting Certification
- KettleBell Training Certification
- Emergency First Responder for Sport
- Sport Taping Level 1
- Pilates Level 1 Certification
- Advanced Muscle Hypertrophy Training
Karolyne LaFortune grew up performing dance and music. She discovered pole in 2009 and it was love at first spin! The confidence, strength and flexibility she gained through pole dancing was life changing and she wants to share that with her students.
She has competed in several pole fitness competitions. She placed 1st at Pole Theatre Canada Comedy division 2019, 1st at the PSO Canada East L5 Entertainment 2018 and 2nd in Aerial Hoop at the Toronto Pro Supershow 2016.
- Certified PoleandAerial Teacher
- Pole Dance Fitness Instructor
- Marlo Fisken’s FloorFlow Teacher Training
- Fitness and Health Promotion Diploma - Algonquin College
- CSEP Personal Trainer
- Registered Group Fitness Instructor
- Registered Yoga Teacher - 200 Hours
- Yoga Tune Up® - Teacher Training
- Yoga Tune Up® - Breath and Bliss
- Yoga Tune Up® - Shoulders Immersion
- Yoga Tune Up® - Core Integration Immersion
- Yoga Tune Up® - Hips Immersion
- Yoga Tune Up® - Roll Model Method - Science of Rolling
- Agatsu Kettlebell 1