Experience the nourishment of Total Yoga Nidra, with poetry, music, sound and song, followed by an evening of stories and sharing. Now is the time to talk! Moving through traditional lineages, inspired by their teachings, and inspired to move beyond their limitations, together we are making a whole new world of yoga – lets get together and see what’s afoot. Includes breaking news from Europe, from the Yoga Nidra Network, from radical re-connective yoga camp Santosa and from a community of yogis who have moved from the restrictions of lineage and tradition into a responsive, kinder way of practicing yoga that is truly post-lineage.
A Nurturing and Revitalising Weekend for Women: A feminine, nourishing, restful and fluid practice with elegant movement flows, delicious breath work, resonant sound, and deep healing relaxation, integrated with multiple practices of Total Yoga Nidra. This weekend is a standalone nourishing mini-retreat experience, that also qualifies as the pre-requisite for attending our Total Yoga Nidra Teacher and facilitator course.
This therapeutic and deliciously feminine approach to yoga especially for women’s pelvic health integrates rhythmic asana (postures) with breath, sound, mudra (gesture) and bandhas (pelvic floor locks and seals) to enhance awareness of our inner woman's wisdom and elemental connections. This integrated and harmonious approach to yoga therapy is especially developed to bring comfort and joy to women.
It is suited to all women, with or without previous experience of yoga. Women of all ages are welcome, whether you are complete beginners or super-experienced yoginis or yoga teachers. In fact, any woman who would like a feminine, nourishing and fluid practice with elegant movement flows, delicious breath work, resonant sound, and deep healing relaxation is invited to join her sisters for this women-only session that focuses on female pelvic health at all stages of life: if you’re the owner of a female pelvis, with or without a womb or ovaries, in your menstruating or menopausal years, pregnant or seeking to conceive, postnatal, or indeed in any state of health or at any age, then you are warmly welcome to come and join us in this restful and nourishing practice.
Want to know more about how to incorporate therapeutic yoga into your clinical/client care but don't know where to start? Learn from Dr. Nydia Tijerina Darby, an expert in the field of Therapeutic Yoga with over 38 years of experience in mind / body / spirit breath centered movement instruction. This course is offered to: PT's, PTA's, OT's, COTA's, LMT's, C-IAYT's, Yoga & Fitness Instructors
ONE DAY LIVE ON-SITE COURSE
10 CCU'S APPROVED FOR PT, PTA, LMT, CIAYT
9 CCU'S APPROVED FOR OT
10 CEU'S FOR RYT
Some of the things that you will learn:
- Modified and Gentle Breath centered therapeutic yoga movement practices effective for patients living with persistent pain, limited orthopedic, neuromuscular or functional mobility.
- Diaphragmatic breathing to invoke the Relaxation Response.
- Importance of using gentle diaphragmatic breathing as an indicator of tolerance to physical activity.
- Modified Sun Salutation: an assessment tool and a functional tool for safe transfer down to and up from floor.
- Methods of long-term self-care practices to help reduce/prevent clinician burnout.
- Aromatherapy & Integrative Relaxation Technique.
- Science that supports yoga, meditation, breath work, aromatherapy & integrative relaxation as evidence-based practices.
- Mindful approach to eating. Organic plant based lunch group meal served on premises.