Guide To Sighting & Swimming Straighter Workshop
Our ever popular sighting specific workshop is back. Learn how to sight effectively and be aware of some key faults in your stroke that may make you swim off course.
South West Swim are the leading provider of Open Water Swim, Triathlon Swim & Pool Swim Coaching in the Swindon & Cotswolds area. Our team are fully qualified swim coaches and swim teachers with vast amounts of open water and triathlon experience. We have delivered sessions to all levels of the swimming spectrum, from adult and child learn to swim through to regional, national and world achievers and champions in both swimming and triathlon.
This special 75-90 minute session will focus on the key elements of how to swim straight, navigation and sighting technique.
The session will walk (or rather swim) you through the essential concepts of open water sighting. We will start lakeside with a chat and introduction and then head to the water to perform some fun drills and exercises designed to build up your sighting position, technique and timing.
You will also receive a follow up email with content to recap what we have delivered within the session.
This session is limited to 8 swimmers initially so book on quickly.
Joining Criteria: This session will be multi ability with some simple drills and exercises forming the session, plus some swims out on the course at lake86. Please note that you must be able to swim a comfortable 400m front crawl (with the head in the water) for 400m without stopping, in a guide time of no slower than around 2:30mins per 100m.
If you are new to open water swimming we highly recommend you book onto a 1-to-1 session or our introduction to open Water Swimming Level 1 Course. Here we wil better be able to cater for your swimming needs. This workshop is not geared towards swimmers who have not been in the open water before.
You will need
To participate all swimmers will need to be aged 18 or over and bring with them:
- Aged 18 or over (sessions for 11-17 year olds are available on a 1-to-1 basis)
- To be able to swim at lease 400m of front crawl based, in a time of no slower than 2:10mins per 100m.
- A Swimsuit
- A Wetsuit (triathlon/swimming suit NOT a tri suit) – optional on SWS coaches written approval in temperatures over 20 degrees plus but recommended for these sessions due to the stop start nature of skills development.
- Bright coloured swim cap (or two), A south West Swim hat is available to purchase at 50% off, contact us before the session to arrange purchase.
- Swimming gloves and booties are optional.
- Towel or Changing Robe. We recommend the Ddipp robes, save 10% using our special discount code SWSWIM-10
- A swimming tow float, such as the Swim Secure Tow Float / Dry Bag Range. Don't worry if you don't have your own, we can loan you one for your session or they are available from us to purchase at a discounted rate (5% off). Contact us before the session to arrange purchase.
- A drink, hot or cold depending on the weather. Get an exclusive 15% discount from our friends at Precision Fuel and hydration
About South West Swim, Our Coaches and Our Delivery
See information in the special instructions below to find out more