The Master's Path is part of our 300hour teacher training, without the requirements of certification. It's open to any yogi or yoga teacher that wants to expand their knowledge with other like-minded folks and deepen their practice.
The training is a combination of yoga and Chigong and the teachings of Chinese Medicine. The training follows the 5 seasons of the 5 elements of Taoism Yoga and Chinese medicine: spring, early summer, late summer, autumn and winter. Each season focuses on the pair of organs that are energetically in 'high tide' and their meridians (energy pathways). One of the core practices in Chigong is moving our energy (chi or prana) with our mind and breath. The energy pathways are known as the meridians that we stimulate in our yoga poses and simultaneously focus the breath to move the energy through the meridians. This creates a very focused Zen-like mind, while creating a strong flexible body. We design our sequences to stimulate their energetic flow, which affects the anatomical physical function and the emotions related to these organs. We combine an alignment-based slow vinyasa practice with chi gong and kundalini kriyas to enhance focus and energy, which upgrades our practice by dimensions.
The Master's Path meets one weekend, per season, which will be approximately every other month, Within each weekend we will be working on the specific training protocols for that season in the map of the Koshas, which are our 5 layers of being:
- Annamaya kosha, the physical body
- Pranamaya kosha, the energy/breath body
- Manamaya kosha, the brain that operates the logic and reasoning mind
- Vijnanamaya kosha, the observer or witness mind
- Anandamaya Kosha, the bliss body located in the heart.
Each of these layers has specific practices that pertain to them. Specific meditations, breath work, qigong sets, asana sequences and contemplations will all be based on the energy of the season and the organs that are energetcially running the strongest.
The format of the weekends will be:
- Friday night, the Annamaya kosha, focuses on the physical practice of sequencing up to a peak pose that stimulates the meridians of the organs of that season.
- Saturday morning, the Pranamaya Kosha, focuses on breath work, pranayama and Kundalini Kriyas, which are specific breathing practices and meditative physical movements to cleanse and rejuvenate the energy body.
- Saturday afternoon, the Manomaya Kosha, the logic/reasoning mind, will focus on Meridian Flow yoga, the combination of Chinese Medicine, Taoism 5 elements and yoga.
- Sunday morning, the Vijnanamaya Kosha, the observing mind, will a yin practice that focuses on the Yoga Sutras and observing how they play out in our lives.
- Sunday afternoon, the Anandamaya Kosha, touching the bliss body through gratitude practices, chanting and deep guided meditations and ending with a deep release into yoga nidra (yoga sleep).
Each weekend will provide a plethora of new material to incorporate into your practice, in that specific season. And because it will be every other month, you all will create a strong supportive community and grow together as strong yogis.
The Master's Path includes a yearly unlimited membership, the five seasonal Wellness weekends, and the five Great Discussion workshops.
Book a call with Maggie, the director of the Master's Path teacher trainings here to see if this program is right for you, or to answer any questions.
Autumn: October 7-9
Winter: December 15-17
Spring: March 24-26
Early Summer: June 2-4
Late Summer: August 11-13
Autumn: October 20-22
Winter: December 17-18
From previous Masters Path and 300hour trainees:
'This training has been the most comprehensive training I have ever done. I have grown personally and professionally from this amazing journey. I have done other trainings and nothing compared to this. I have learned so much and I can't wait to bring this all to my students. I am forever grateful.' -VF
'This training has been so deeply profound. Life-changing, life-enhancing. This training has opened doors deep within my heart and soul. Michael and Maggie are amazing teachers!' -DP
'Mind Blowing~ Body Blowing~Spirit Blowing! The training has surpassed any hopes that I had in my heart 2 years ago. Maggie and Michael's authenticity, deep knowledge and their ability to share this has been inspirational and actually life-altering.' -RJ