In this twenty-hour workshop, we will delve deeper into how to
teach students with pelvic floor issues and how to apply Pelvic
Floor Yoga (TM). Topics will include:
- Cultural, medical, and historical contexts of women and the pelvis
- Current understanding of the pelvis, sexuality, misconceptions, and modern medical care
- In-depth anatomy of the pelvis, hip flexors and rotators, and connective musculature and how they translate into pelvic health
- How posture affects the pelvic floor
- Identifying hypertonic vs. hypotonic muscles and the difference between a strong muscle, a tense muscle, and a loose muscle
- The role of emotion on the breath and how this impacts the pelvic floor
- How to teach breath and asana to women who need tone in their pelvis as well as those who have too much tone
- How to hold a safe environment for women
- What to do with the pelvic floor during all stages of pre- and postnatal
- Restorative yoga for the pelvic floor
The training includes an e-book version of Leslie's Pelvic Liberation, which is the required reading. The training can be used for continuing education for Yoga Alliance and NCBTMB.
Please note: this training includes the Saturday workshop!