After many years of working in the field and running a successful yoga & aerial yoga studio for families , owners Abby Nagler and An Dang created a teacher training program based on their extensive knowledge of teaching yoga to babies through pre-teens. Their approach to these training offerings has been to collaborate with other experts in the fields of behavioral development, developmental anatomy, and occupational therapy to provide trainees with a well rounded approach to working with kids through yoga.
The Foundation: An Intro To Teaching Yoga To Kids
- How to teach yoga to toddlers, preschoolers and k-8th grade
- Developmental stages of each age group
- The Yoga Octopus: The 8 Tentacles of Yoga
- Yoga poses
- Partner Yoga
- Yoga games
- Breathing techniques
- Relaxation & Meditation techniques
- Class structure
- Family Yoga
- How to play safe: The teachers guide to practicing kids yoga safely for their own bodies
- Mindfulness games & activities
- The Language of Kids Yoga
Who Should Take This Training:
- Yoga enthusiasts
- Those who love to work with kids
- School teachers
- Occupational Therapists
- Child psychologists
- Youth leaders
- Yoga teachers who would like to specialize in a niche market
- Parents who want to connect with their children through yoga
- Those interested in teaching children’s yoga at The Little Yoga House
What should I expect?
TLYH Kids Teacher Training is an intensive. This means that we spend a lot of time together doing both movement and lecture in a short amount of time. We will be sitting on the ground during the lecture portions of the training so please make sure to bring any additional items you may need to make it as comfortable as possible. There will be a lot of movement and partnering, however we never force anyone to participate in anything that makes them uncomfortable. However, we do encourage that you give it a try!
What should I bring?
Please bring a mat, water bottle (we have a water fountain to refill bottles), a pen and light snacks. We will have a few snacking options here as well. You will be given a manual that covers everything we will learn in the training so you are welcome to leave additional notebooks/journals at home.
Nov 10, 2019