Get your designer hat on and design contemporary fashions with futuristic and extravagant silhouettes. Invent your dream look. Try your hand at fashion design for a runway show. If you ever thought of a potential career in fashion design, are interested in creating fashion illustrations, entering a t-shirt contest, or adding to your portfolio of drawings, in this week’s program you will learn how to “make it work”.
Each day of the week will be dedicated to a new technique so participants will have a whole gamut of fun ways to design and draw cutting-edge fashions in pencil, paint, and mixed media and invent their own designs for textiles.
Upon completing their projects, at the end of the week, on Friday evening, participants will present their collection at the Wine and Cocoa online Art Reception. Friends and family will be invited to the informal presentation, to be the audience for the young artists to talk about the newest trends they’ve created.
August 2nd - August 6th, 2021, 1pm - 2:30pm Pacific Time
For those entering grades 6 - 12.
- Tempera: red, yellow, blue, black, and white (all other colors optional)
- Paint brushes, variety of sizes: large, medium, small
- Watercolor paper: recommended size is 9x12 inches, however, the size is up to you.
- Cup of water to wash brushes
- Paper towels or rag to wipe brushes
- Palette: freezer paper or paper plate
- 2-3 magazines with figures
- 20 pages of printer paper or sketch paper
This camp can be done with the supplies you already own. If you need to purchase supplies, click here.
After you register, you will receive the link in your email one hour before the camp starts.
Aug 06, 2021