Mindfulness has been demonstrated to enhance awareness, attention, resilience, compassion and overall well-being. In this 4-hour interactive online workshop participants will be provided:
- An overview of what mindfulness is and isn't
- An overview of the benefits and obstacles of mindfulness
- A sample of formal (movement* and still) and informal practices to allow for the direct experience of mindfulness (the best way to discover mindfulness!)
- Ways to begin and nurture your own personal practice
- Resources to support your ongoing practice
*Movement practice will take into consideration limitations some may face.
This workshop will be hosted on the Zoom platform and include a 15-minute break.
This workshop will be recorded and available to all registered participants to watch or review at their own pace for up to 30 days!
This 1/2-day workshop is recommended for anyone curious about mindfulness and would like to learn about its core principles, experience some of the practices as well as the possible benefits and begin their own personal practice of mindfulness meditation. It is also an opportunity for those seasoned in mindfulness to review and renew their own personal practice. This workshop is also an excellent opportunity to get an overview of mindfulness for those considering enrolling in the more intensive 8- or 9-week therapeutic programs.
Fee: Given the unique times we are currently facing, a reduced fee of $50 (HST included) is being offered along with a “Pay What You Can (PWYC)” option. Should you choose the PWYC option, registration for the workshop is still required as space is limited and you must contact the Centre directly by emailing email@example.com or calling (902) 499-0089.
Please be aware of our payment, cancellation and refund policies.
- High-speed internet connection
- Video cam (built-in or external)
- Audio microphone (built-in or external)