Self-compassion involves treating ourselves kindly, like we would a good friend we care about. Rather than continually judging and evaluating ourselves, self-compassion involves generating kindness toward ourselves as imperfect humans, and learning to be present with the inevitable struggles of life with greater ease. It motivates us to make needed changes in our lives not because we're worthless or inadequate, but because we care about ourselves and want to lessen our suffering.
This 1/2-day workshop will provide an overview of the main components of self-compassion and the central ideas/practices of the 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion Program in brief format. Through discussion and experiential excercises, you will learn:
- Simple tools for responding in a kind and compassionate way when we experience painful emotions
- Practical skills to help bring self-compassion into your daily life
- How to stop being so hard on yourself
- How to handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- How to motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
This workshop will be hosted on the Zoom platform and include a 15-minute break.
This workshop will be recorded and available to all registered participants to watch or review at their pace for up to 30 days!
Fee: Given the unique times we are currently facing, a reduced fee of $50 (HST included) is being offered along with a “Pay What You Can (PWYC)” option. Should you choose the PWYC option, registration for the workshop is still required as space is limited and you must contact the Centre directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (902) 499-0089.
Please be aware of our payment, cancellation and refund policies.
- High-speed internet connection
- Video cam (built-in or external)
- Audio microphone (built-in or external)