Comforting Touch for Doulas is an experiential hands-on training for the doula, of any experience level who wants to add more skillful touch to their bag of tricks! If you’re looking for additional ways to tend your clients in birth, Comforting Touch for Doulas is here for you!
We cover the where, when & how for a variety of hands-on techniques you can use immediately to support your clients.
- Gain awareness of the core principles that can make your touch provide satisfying comfort and even pleasure to your clients in labor.
- Learn a substantial number of concrete techniques to apply during labor to bring comfort, both during and between contractions to help ease hip and back pain as well as general muscular tension.
- Learn key acupressure points to assist in labor.
- Learn and practice additional techniques particularly advantageous to women who choose to labor at any point with the use of an epidural.
- Learn comforting touch techniques to teach mom's partner leading up to and during early labor.
- Have the opportunity to practice all these techniques on your colleagues and to receive individual feedback from an experienced massage therapist, as well as get in a little self-care by being practiced on!
- And ultimately,
leave feeling more confident about using touch to comfort and
support your clients.
Sports Basement Redwood CIty
202 Walnut St, Redwood City, CA 94063