This 20 hour continuing education course (16 contact hours). Learn the basic theory and methodology of Ayurveda and learn techniques and practices to apply to your yoga and personal health choices to vitalize your life and feel more personally balanced. This seminar covers the basics of Ayurveda in a way that makes the subject understandable and easy to apply to your life. The course is comprised of a combination of lecture, practicum, and creative exercises so the information unfolds in a way that makes it easy for students to embrace the powerful life enhancing beauty of an Ayurvedic yoga lifestyle and share it with others. This course includes body-typing and basic Ayurveda information, but also some cooking, herb awareness and cleansing and health techniques.
The course covers:
- Ayurveda history and foundations as a Vedic system of knowledge that falls into an “Ashtanga” or 8-fold, classification.
- Sankhya Philosophy and the basic theory / 24 principles of existence
- Prakriti/Vikriti (constitution and imbalances)
- Ayurvedic anatomy and physiology which includes
- Gunas (states of mind), Malas (bodily wastes), Dhatus (bodily tissues), Agni, etc. And how all of these elements relate to each other and the three gunas
- The five mahabuhutas:(five elements).
- The Tridoshas and how they affect our energies
- The Twenty Tattvas (Attributes or Qualities) that relate to all mater.
- Prakriti (Body Constitution) and how it affects our lives, our choices, and our yoga
- Sattvic Living ( Purity for longevity)
- Ritucharya (Season Routines)
- Ayurvedic Yoga - body type considerations when designing a practice.
- Ayurvedic cleansing techniques
Yoga postures and practices in accordance to Ayurveda theory