Want to know more about how to incorporate therapeutic yoga into your clinical/client care but don't know where to start? Learn from Dr. Nydia Tijerina Darby, an expert in the field of Therapeutic Yoga with over 38 years of experience in mind / body / spirit breath centered movement instruction. This course is offered to: PT's, PTA's, OT's, COTA's, LMT's, C-IAYT's, Yoga & Fitness Instructors
ONE DAY LIVE ON-SITE COURSE
10 CCU'S APPROVED FOR PT, PTA, LMT, CIAYT
9 CCU'S APPROVED FOR OT
10 CEU'S FOR RYT
Some of the things that you will learn:
- Modified and Gentle Breath centered therapeutic yoga movement practices effective for patients living with persistent pain, limited orthopedic, neuromuscular or functional mobility.
- Diaphragmatic breathing to invoke the Relaxation Response.
- Importance of using gentle diaphragmatic breathing as an indicator of tolerance to physical activity.
- Modified Sun Salutation: an assessment tool and a functional tool for safe transfer down to and up from floor.
- Methods of long-term self-care practices to help reduce/prevent clinician burnout.
- Aromatherapy & Integrative Relaxation Technique.
- Science that supports yoga, meditation, breath work, aromatherapy & integrative relaxation as evidence-based practices.
- Mindful approach to eating. Organic plant based lunch group meal served on premises.