Discover Yoga Nidra Workshop
Nov 5, 2023 - Nov 5, 2023
Discover Yoga Nidra with Natalie
In its simplest application, Yoga Nidra is a systematic practice intended to induce a peaceful state – physically, mentally, and emotionally. As your relationship with Yoga Nidra deepens, you may also begin to experience it as a profoundly spiritual practice unlocking the door to higher consciousness.
This introductory workshop includes:
• An introduction to some of the common understandings of “Yoga Nidra”
• Gentle breath, movement, and relaxation practices designed to soothe the nervous system
• Tips and tools to optimize your rest and relaxation experiences during practice and in daily life
• Opportunities for self-reflection
• Time for tea and conversation
Yoga Nidra practices have been found to:
• Cultivate deep relaxation
• Ease insomnia
• Alleviate stress and anxiety
• Reduce PTSD, chronic pain, and chemical dependency
• Heighten awareness and focus
• Transform negative habits, behaviours, and ways of thinking
• Foster feelings of peace, calm, and clarity
All welcome. No experience is necessary.
New to Yoga Nidra or returning from a practice hiatus? This session is suited for those interested in exploring the benefits of Yoga Nidra and rest practices and those looking for a gentle return to their practice.
For Your Comfort / What to bring:
- Dress comfortably
- Waterbottle, journal, and pen
- A light scarf or a comfortable eye mask to cover your eyes (optional)
Note: This session is intended for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. For information pertaining to your personal needs, please see a qualified healthcare professional.