Want to know more about how to incorporate therapeutic yoga into your clinical/client care but don't know where to start? Learn from Dr. Nydia Tijerina Darby, an expert in the field of Therapeutic Yoga with over 38 years of experience in mind / body / spirit breath centered movement instruction. This course is offered to: PT's, PTA's, OT's, COTA's, LMT's, C-IAYT's, Yoga & Fitness Instructors
ONE DAY LIVE ON-SITE COURSE
10 CCU'S APPROVED FOR PT, PTA, LMT, CIAYT
9 CCU'S APPROVED FOR OT
10 CEU'S FOR RYT
Some of the things that you will learn:
- Modified and Gentle Breath centered therapeutic yoga movement practices effective for patients living with persistent pain, limited orthopedic, neuromuscular or functional mobility.
- Diaphragmatic breathing to invoke the Relaxation Response.
- Importance of using gentle diaphragmatic breathing as an indicator of tolerance to physical activity.
- Modified Sun Salutation: an assessment tool and a functional tool for safe transfer down to and up from floor.
- Methods of long-term self-care practices to help reduce/prevent clinician burnout.
- Aromatherapy & Integrative Relaxation Technique.
- Science that supports yoga, meditation, breath work, aromatherapy & integrative relaxation as evidence-based practices.
- Mindful approach to eating. Organic plant based lunch group meal served on premises.
Preparing for a Workshop at Nydia’s Yoga Therapy
Hi there, its Nydia. I am so happy that you have chosen to spend time with us for the Introduction to Gentle Therapeutic Yoga with Dr. Nydia Tijerina Darby. If you have never attended a class or event at the Serenidad Studio, you are in for a treat! The Serenidad Studio is located on Nydia’s residential property very appropriately referred to as the “Hacienda Darby.”
The address of the Serenidad Studio at the Hacienda Darby is: 1403 Blue Crest Lane, San Antonio, TX 78232. Please remember that the studio is located in a residential area. Locate us using your GPS. Look for the off-white stucco fence, the Turn right directly upon entering the property to park your car on the large rock driveway directly in front of the house. Please be mindful to park effectively so that to allow each of our participants room. Parking outside on the street in the neighborhood is discouraged as I want to be the best neighbor possible. There is more than enough space for each vehicle. The studio entrance door is located along the left side of the home where you see 2 windows, just walk along the concrete driveway and towards the garage doors. It is likely that you will meet other participants/attendees and our staff who will also greet you and help you find the correct entrance.
How to prepare for the workshop/event.
1. Course times: Saturday morning. 8am-6pm
- Please plan on arriving on time to allow for check in and settling yourself into a comfortable spot in the Serenidad Studio. Front entry electronic gate will be open at 7:30am on Saturday morning, expecting your arrival. Contact Nydia’s mobile at 210.325.4443 to inform of late arrival.
- Please bring any items that might make you comfortable in sitting when we are in learning mode, example, meditation bench/cushion or a supportive chair. We do have folding chairs and blankets/blocks/bolsters onsite that you may borrow as well.
- Please bring any items for notetaking that you prefer.
- Please bring a reusable water bottle or cup for use to help maintain your hydration.
- Please be mindful to finish coffee or other strong smelling/potentially staining beverages before entering the Serenidad studio to help maintain a comfortable environment for all.
- The Hacienda Darby/Serenidad Studio runs on a Septic System, so please be mindful to throw all toilet paper and other items away in the trash cans. Anything that is offensive to the senses can go in the trash can with lid.
- Please bring a yoga mat and towel. We have yoga straps, blocks & blankets for your use. Wear comfortable clothing that you can move freely in.
- We remove shoes in the studio so that not to walk with them on the light green tatami mats which are considered our sacred space. Please be mindful to walk around, not on, your neighbors yoga mat.
- Remember that the physical practices are designed for all levels to enjoy, so there will be no need to feel pressure to “perform.” Everything should feel comfortable and you can take rest at any time. Observation is another excellent way to learn.
- A Certificate of Attendance will be available to you after completion of an online Course Evaluation Questionnaire. We appreciate your feedback that allows us to continue to improve upon the programs that we provide.
- We are looking forward to sharing this time with you and grateful that you have chosen to spend this weekend in learning with Dr. Nydia Tijerina Darby, here at the Serenidad Studio @Nydia’sYogaTherapy. Thank you for registering and having an interest in learning more about Gentle Therapeutic Yoga and the Therapeutic Yoga practices that Nydia has developed over the last 39 years..