Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Megan Schlobohm (including Certification and CEUs)
Join us at Anderson Yoga Center for a Yoga Teacher Training experience with studio owner, Megan Schlobohm – “Yin Yoga Teacher Training (with CEUs and Certification).” This 20-hour training is for Yoga Instructors who are interested in learning more about Yin Yoga, with special focus on teaching safe and effective Yin Yoga to students as a Yoga Instructor.
This certification includes a manual with the following objectives and areas of discussion:
- What is Yin Yoga
- The history and origins of Yin Yoga
- Physical, Mental, Emotional, and Spiritual benefits of Yin Yoga
- Meridian Theory (from Traditional Chinese Medicine)
- Yin Yoga in relationship to other styles of yoga (especially Restorative Yoga and Vinyasa Yoga)
- Populations that would greatly benefit from Yin Yoga (especially athletes and other active individuals)
- Basic 26 Yin Yoga postures (with alignment cues, variations, modifications, use of props, and contraindications)
- The anatomy of Yin Yoga (including discussion about connective tissue)
- Designing a Yin Yoga class, and basic guidelines for teaching Yin Yoga
- Resources to help yoga teachers continue learning and incorporating Yin Yoga into their teaching career
In addition to these teaching points, Students will experience Yin Yoga through 5 practices (60 - 90 minutes long each), with time to discuss and better understand the experience afterwards.
Upon completion of these 20 hours of training, you will receive a certificate of completion, and will be eligible to record 20 hours of CEUs with Yoga Alliance.
Schedule: July 29 - 31, 2022
• Friday, July 29, 2022 - 6 to 8pm
• Saturday, July 30, 2022 - 8am to 6pm
• Sunday, July 31, 2022 - 8am to 6pm
Investment - $330
About your Yin Yoga Teacher Trainer:
Megan Schlobohm is an EYRT500 Yoga Instructor and the owner of Anderson Yoga Center. Megan has been practicing yoga since 2003, and teaching since 2017. Megan is additionally certified in Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra Meditation, Thai Yoga Massage, and Reiki Energy Healing (at the Master Level); she consistently studies, practices, and teaches Meditation and Pranayama; and in 2006, she earned her M.S. in Counseling from Mercer University in Atlanta. Megan is the lead instructor of the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program at Anderson Yoga Center, and leads both local and international Yoga Retreats. Megan's vision at Anderson Yoga Center is to provide a safe space for her students to experience the transformational power of yoga!
Questions? Feel free to reach out!
Anderson Yoga Center
1716 Pearman Dairy Rd, Suite D
Anderson, SC 29625