Homegrown Yoga Academy’s 200 Hour (Yoga Alliance Certified) Teacher Training provides an immersive and integrative training experience. This program will guide you through the growth of your own personal yoga practice; while providing the tools and knowledge you need to gain confidence and experience in sharing the practice with others.
We are a small town yoga studio with a welcoming and supportive community of yogis from all walks of life.
Our Lead Trainer, Maggie Christensen (E-RYT 500 & YACEP), founded Homegrown Yoga’s Studio and Academy five years ago in Versailles, Kentucky. Her dream was to foster a yoga community in the town that raised here where a dedicated yoga space did not yet exist. Since the creation of Homegrown, Maggie has partnered with local businesses like The Kentucky Castle and Wildside Winery to offer unique and special yoga experiences. Homegrown Yoga has also partnered with Woodford County Public Schools to provide a teacher training and internship program with the school district, training high school juniors as 200 hour certified yoga teachers that then intern back to the community to offer yoga in our schools.
Homegrown Yoga is a Vinyasa-based studio— we specialize in Mindful Flow, Vinyasa Flow, and Power Flow— we also offer Alignment-based yoga, Yin, Restorative, Meditation and Chair Yoga. Trainees will learn and experience all the styles of yoga we offer and will walk away with confidence in how to share these styles with their future students.
- Yoga History, Philosophy & Ethics
- 85+ Yoga Poses and Modifications
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga
- The Yamas & Niyamas
- Styles and Types of Yoga
- Creative and Intentional Sequencing
- Pranayama (Breath Work), Meditation, and Mindfulness
- Anatomy & Physiology
- The Energetics of Yoga (Chakras, Koshas, Bandhas, & more)
- Ayurveda, Nutrition, & Self-Care
- Equity in the Yoga Industry
- The Business of Yoga
- Teaching Skills & Techniques
- Yoga Beyond the Mat
- Practicum & Teaching Experience
This will be a safe, supportive, and confidential space for you to learn, grow, and express yourself. All are welcome here.
Maggie Christensen, E-RYT 500 & YACEP
Carrie Davidson, E-RYT 500
Matt Moberly, RYT 200
Cara Thomas, RYT 200
2022 TRAINING SCHEDULE
Our 200 hour training is an 18 week program— broken up into four different 4-5 week themes.
We will meet on the following Saturdays— 9am-7pm
Each Saturday we will begin the session with a meditation
and journaling exercise followed by a one hour practice in the
studio with our yoga community and members.
Some missed dates can be made up. Please disclose any scheduling conflicts in your application notes. We will do our best to accommodate your schedule.
I. Finding The Flow: Yoga Principles & Introductions + Asana & Anatomy
II. Uncovering the Roots: History, Philosophy, Lifestyle Practices, & Ethics
III. Taking Yoga Beyond: Pranayama & Meditation + The Energetics of Yoga
IIII. Awakening Your Voice: Creative Sequencing, Teaching Techniques, The Business of Yoga & Practice Teaching
This training is for you if you are…
- Looking to add depth to your yoga practice
- Passionate about self-exploration and learning
- Ready to create a sustainable practice for mind, body, and soul
- Seeking a community of like minded people
- Eager to share your love of yoga with others
- Excited to learn about the inner workings of the yoga industry
- Inspired by practicing in a beautiful and welcoming space with small town vibes
Bonuses— Available throughout the duration of the training:
- Free Unlimited Yoga Membership
- Unlimited Access to our On Demand Gallery
- Private Coaching with Maggie
- Event Discounts & Studio Deals
Required Books: Our required books list will be sent out once your application is complete. Trainees will also receive additional training handouts and documents throughout the program.
Ready to Get Started?
Early Bird — $2,400 (December 4th-December 31st)
Pay in Full — $2,600 (January 1st-February 5th)
Payment Plan — $2,700 ($540/month payments)
How to Apply:
1. Fill out our online application. HERE. No application fees!
2. Set up a consultation with Maggie [Email Here]
3. Once you have been accepted into the program, we will discuss payment options and you will receive further details to get started!
Application and consultation must be completed before acceptance into the program.
Mar 05, 2022
Apr 09, 2022
May 21, 2022
Jun 25, 2022