In this 200 hour Teacher Leader training you will develop the skills to become a confident, conscious and compassionate leader within your community and beyond! Inspired by the teachings of Baron Baptiste, our Teacher Leader Training will support you in building the life you envision all while learning the fundamentals of teaching yoga powerfully.
SHINE is committed to facilitating training not only in yoga & methodology/philosophy but also in cultural diversity. In order to be a powerful leader we must be willing to have tough conversations, excavate ourselves & uncover what filters we see the world through. This training will be transformational it is ability to connect you to others.
This training is Immersion Style, with a large portion of your hours completed in 9 days. The remaining hours will be completed over the course of 6 months and consist of monthly touch bases, bi-weekly zoom check-ins, practice teaching, practice hours, community event planning, continued education, completing reflections & readings, & participating in service work. This is a powerful way to immerse yourself in the teachings of SHINE/Baptiste methodology, uncover more about yourself, and connect in a beautiful way with those on the journey with you.
*Full Immersion Schedule*
Saturday 1/2 - 8am to 10pm Sunday 1/3 - 8am to 6pm Monday 1/4 - 4pm to 10pm Tuesday 1/5 - 4pm to 10pm Wednesday 1/6 - 4pm to 10pm Thursday 1/7 - 4pm to 10pm Friday - 1/8 - 8am to 10pm Saturday 1/9 - 8am to 10pm Sunday - 1/10 - 8am to 6pm
Monthly Touch Bases:
- Saturday January 30th: 8am to 2pm
- Saturday February 27th: 8am to 2pm
- Saturday March 27th: 8am to 2pm
- Saturday April 24th: 8am to 2pm
Final Community Project
- Dates TBD by trainee group, will be June 2021
Trainees have 6 months to compete their 200 hour program. During these 6 months, trainees will be supported by their leadership team and will keep one another self accountable. Trainees are asked to complete their 200 hours by June 2nd, 2021.
- Complete the 9 Day Immersion of 80 Hours - Attend all 4 monthly touch bases
- Choose an additional weekend program to attend. This is a tentative list of choices: Tools for Leadership with SHINE; Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Carleena; Baptiste Instructor Course with Baptise Leadership Team; Any Training / Program with Luca Richards. *More programming options will be announced later.*
- Participate in & execute a final community project in June, dates TBD
- Lead 10 pop-up community classes
- Read assigned readings & write a reflection on Being of Power, Cultural Diversity & create a blog post - Complete any makeup work before June 2nd, 2021
Journey Into Power by Baron Baptiste
Being of Power by Baron Baptiste
How to Be An Anti-Racist by Ibram X. Kendi
Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents by Isabel Wilkerson
Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
COST & PAYMENTS:
- A $500 deposit or payment in full is due at the time of application unless you are paying in full
- Your tuition includes the cost of all training sessions, your training manual and unlimited yoga for 3 months beginning January 11th, 2021 to April 11th, 2021.
- Required books are not included in the cost of training and come to the cost of the student
- Our program is $2,950 if paid in full before November 1st, 2020 or $$3,150 if paid in full after November 1st.
- SHINE offers a payment plan which requires a $500 deposit no later than December 1st. There are fees to account for processing / transaction fees which come at the cost of the student. To request a payment plan, we ask that trainees contact email@example.com
Thank you & SHINE ON!
Deposits are nonrefundable and are required to reserve your spot. There are fees for failed payments for those on payment plans. Thank you!