Get to know your postpartum body and connect with your breath in a baby-friendly class with other new parents. Parents will move, breathe and practice self-care, while baby meets new friends in a stimulating environment. Taught by a mother of two, this class will help you find some calm in the beautiful chaos of parenthood.
This class is beginner friendly and variations will be given for all body types and fitness levels. The practice is designed for the birthing person’s postpartum body, but all parents are welcome and will benefit. To maintain social distancing, babies must be pre-crawling.
Please bring a blanket or play mat for your baby to lie on in addition to your yoga mat and any other props you require. A bolster and/or nursing pillow is also helpful.
Please note: masks are required for entry, exit, and going to the bathroom but are not required during the class.
Space is limited to 7 parent/baby pairs in studio. This session requires a minimum of 6 pairs.
*Purchases are non-refundable *Credit will only be given if your space in the session can be filled.
*Please do not come to the studio if you have travelled outside of the province of Newfoundland, if you have been required to self-isolate, if you have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
Please do not come to the studio if you have been required to self-isolate, if you have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 including:
Fever (or signs of a fever, including chills, sweats, muscle aches, lightheadedness)
Loss of sense of smell or taste
Unexplained loss of appetite
Small red or purple spots on your hands and/or feet
MASK INFO: for this session, masks are required to and from your mat but NOT for yoga practice.
ATTENDING A CLASS: POLICIES, GUIDELINES, & REQUESTS
1. IF YOU ARE UNWELL PLEASE STAY HOME and complete the COVID-19 self-assessment tool. If you cannot access the self-assessment tool, please contact 811.
2. Advance booking is required: please note that we have 8 mat spaces available.
3. Be sure to bring your own mat and any props you would like to have for class. We are unable to provide mats and props at this time.
4. Please come dressed for class with a water bottle filled with water.
5. Studio doors will open 10 minutes before the class begins. Late comers will not be permitted entry.
6. Masks are required to and from your mat for this session.
7. One at a time please: when the teacher opens the main door please enter and use the hand sanitizer provided. You can then enter the Sun Room directly and take off your shoes (there is no access to reception or the 2nd floor at this time).
8. Please take your belongings with you to the mat space. You can line up your mat with the red tape on the floor and you can place your belongings in the (sanitized) bins provided.
9. Mat spaces are 6ft apart from the centre of each mat.
10. Please remain on your mat for the duration of the class. Also, please refrain from heavy sighs and Lion’s Breath at this time – we wish we didn’t have to ask this but safety first!
11. Please note that the windows may be open (it might be a good idea to bring layers for warmth). We open the windows between classes for freshness and improved air quality.
12. Please practice proper cough and sneeze etiquette. Cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing and sneezing and immediately dispose of used tissues in the trash. There will be a sanitation station at the back of the studio and tissues throughout the studio.
13. Classes will be live-streamed so other yogis can join in online.
14. Please make all Membership, Class Pass, and Drop In purchases online; if you would like to purchase something from our retail section including mats and props the teacher will accompany you to reception for your purchase.