This series is designed for people who experience chronic knee
pain, including those with arthritis, patellofemoral pain syndrome,
misaligned knee joints, and a history of ligament and/or meniscus
injuries. We will focus on:
- Practicing alignment and movement patterns to support optimal knee health;
- Gently strengthening and releasing the surrounding muscle groups to balance stability and mobility of the joint;
- Deepening self-awareness and interpreting our body's messages;
- An introductory exploration of chronic pain theory, and of our own relationships to our pain and how it impacts our lives;
- Sharing strategies for functional daily life skills.
- Gentle supported yoga postures and movements (including standing with chair/wall support, seated in chair, and lying on a mat);
- Simple breath techniques, guided mindfulness meditation, and self-massage;
- Interactive workshops and class discussion;
- Invitations for self-reflection and exploration.
Multiple variations will be offered to accommodate different levels of mobility among participants. This class is best suited for those who are able to get up and down off of the floor at least 1-2 times (with the support of a chair is fine).
Tuesdays 3:15 – 4:15 PM
March 5 – April 9, 2019
Facilitator: Erin Ewing (Butterfly Tree Yoga), RYT-500 & Yoga Therapy Intern
Location: Ajna Yoga, #209 – 2250 Oak Bay Ave
Investment: $72 + tax for 6-week series
Pre-registration and Intake required
Questions: Please contact Erin at email@example.com 778-587-8894.
To Register: https://ajnayoga.ca/pre-registered-classes/