Yoga for the Balanced Child RCYT Teacher Training
Jun 3, 2023 - Jun 9, 2023
This youth yoga training program includes 37 contact hours of comprehensive children's yoga education with anatomy, theory, practicums and additional material> The core teachers are ERYT-500 &RCYT as well as IAYT or LMT. This course is all you need to feel confident and competent to teach yoga to the younger generation. Students who are already RYT-200 will need to do additional work after the session to meet the full 95 hour requirements for yoga alliance certification. the formal certification involves an assigned ethics and theme class project, and a practicum working with children.
Contact hours includes:
- Child development and age appropriate yoga postures and activities.
- Anatomy for younger bodies. Health issues pertinent today and considerations for ADHD and Autism.
- Games to reinforce self-esteem, camaraderie, self-awareness, compassion, environmental ethics, and creative thinking skills.
- Methods & themes to teach ethics, responsibility, and sensitivity for others through story time and positive discussion.
- How to incorporate sound, scent, textiles and art projects into the yoga class to enhance creativity and self-actualization.
- Class pacing, formatting and opportunities to promote educational growth.
- Behavior modification, instilling self-control and tips for keeping students respectfully engaged.
- Youth anatomy, physiology, and a review of medications and common physical or behavior challenges that make it difficult for many children to focus or interact successfully with others, with a focus on how yoga can forage greater holistic health and wellness.
- How to involve parents and promote family bonding through yoga.
- Syllabus offering hundreds of exercises and class plans to support your teaching.
- Browse a huge assortment of children's yoga resources, books and materials available today.
- A practicum where we work with children, starting with observation, and proceeding to each teacher working with a class under supervision, so we can give feedback and gain confidence and competence in applying the material learned in a real-life situation.