S - Snowmobilers
A - Approach to
F - First Aid
E - Emergency
R - Response
A Post Avalanche clinic geared for the Backcountry Snowmobiler wanting to learn the basics in first aid and life saving techniques during a traumatic injury.
Topics to include a hands on approach to:
1. Trauma assessment and triage.
2. Helmet removal and cervical spine stabilization.
3. Proper 1 and 2 person CPR with the use of respirations.
4. Stop the bleed with use of direct pressure, hemostatic agents and tourniquets.
5. Proper MAYDAY radio communication and use of technology to alert first responders to location.
6. Packaging victim for transport and avoiding hypothermia.
7. Typical trauma injuries in the Backcountry and how to manage.
Clinic will be held inside classroom to practice life saving techniques and in the field to put it all together with trauma CPR dummies.
As with all AVI clinics Altitude Sickness will provide the most realistic scenarios possible in a controlled environment.
Course starts at 8 a.m. M.T.