Harmony Hill Retreat Center – Union, Washington
October 19th-22nd, 2023 (Thursday-Sunday)
Whether you are a beginning yoga and meditation student or a long-time practitioner, there are things that can get in the way of a sense of steadiness and ease in our practice. In the Buddhist and Yoga traditions, there are five mental states referred to that block our natural state of ease and well being in practice – the Five Hindrances. These are craving, aversion, lethargy, restlessness, and doubt. Instead of being what hinders us, or gets in the way of our practice, we can work with these mind states, discover ways to balance them and find more ease in our practice.
In this fall retreat, we will explore practices that bring balance and steadiness no matter what is arising, both in yoga and meditation practice and in day-to-day life.
Contemplative retreat practice offers us the opportunity to pause the doings of daily life, and the chance to tune more fully into our bodies, minds, and hearts.
Through a balance of scheduled and unscheduled time, guided yoga and meditation practices, and time for rest, we will offer ourselves the gift of slowing down. Retreat begins Thursday at 4pm and completes Sunday by early to mid-afternoon.
There will be an extended period of silence (Friday afternoon – Sunday morning) to deepen your retreat experience.
A Gift to Self Take time for self-care, settling into yourself as you are, without the distractions of daily life.
· Be guided through both restoring and enlivening gentle yoga classes, mindfulness meditation, and optional journaling prompts.
· Nourish yourself through community.
· Feel expanded by resting in the natural beauty of our exquisite Hood Canal and Olympic view.
· Take time for silence and contemplation.
· Enjoy both being in community and time for solitude.
All levels of practitioners of yoga and meditation welcome.
Your retreat includes:
· 3 nights' stay in beautiful and thoughtful accommodations
· Use of all Harmony Hill facilities & grounds
· All meals dinner Thursday through lunch Sunday
· All yoga and meditation sessions
Single occupancy ~ $1125 ($250 reserves your spot)
Double occupancy ~ $960 ~ please inquire about registration at firstname.lastname@example.org
Final Payment Due: September 28th
· Full refund available (minus $50) prior to September 28th
· Refunds to studio account credit only (minus $50) September 28th or later
· No refunds after October 12th