Introduction to Wild Swimming
We can now offer a small group version of our popular 1-to-1 based session enabling non front crawl swimmers to safely enjoy the open water.
If you don't swim front crawl but still want to experience the benefits of open water swimming then this is the session for you.
To take part in this sesion you will need:
- A wetsuit (swimming or watersports type for this sessino)
- Bright Swim Hat
- Tow Float (we can lend a tow float to you for the session)
- In cooler waters you may also want to wear neoprene gloves and booties (optioal)
- Dont forget your warm clothes, dryrobe, towels etc.
This session will guide a swimmer through safety, acclimatisation and joy of open water swimming so that you can participate in swimming for mental health and physical well being. You don't need to be able to swim fast, or swim front crawl, this session will be relaxed and guided over the course of 60-75minutes in small groups.
The session will be taken by Jason Tait, who is well as being an
open water coach is also a fully qualified Aquaphobic coach so can
utilise additional skills to put you at ease and set you on the
path of an amazing journey.
Introduction To Open Water &
Triathlon Swimming Workshops
South West Swim are the leading provider of Open Water Swim & Triathlon Swim Coaching in the Cotswolds and we are proud to announce our Introduction to Open Water Swimming Workshops for 2021. We believe they are unrivalled in content and delivery. These sessions will be held from both Lake86 and Lake32.
The South West Swim Introduction to Open Water Swimming Workshops are aimed at athletes who are looking to get into Open Water Swimming for the first time or those wishing to improve basic skills and confidence levels in Open Water. This workshop session will provide you with the skills and confidence to tackle a first Open Water or Triathlon swim event, or just educate and improve the swim of the non competitive swimmer looking for that new and exciting challenge.
These workshops are multi ability for swimmers aged 16 and above (junior sessions available from May), however we do ask that you can swim at least 400m non stop in a pool environment. If you are unable to swim this distance please contact us as we can provide alternative sessions for you or your group.
This workshop has been updated for 2020 and is around 2 / 2.5 hours in total length. Actual water time will vary depending on the water temperature at the time of the session. We start the session with a briefing, as well as showing you how to put on a wetsuit (handy if you have not done this before) and then hit the water to have some fun, running through acclimatisation, confidence, and basic open water skills.
We believe our workshops are unrivalled in content and delivery. As part of the workshop you will receive our exclusive South West Swim Open Water Swimming Guide, this is sent before the session so will give you some tips and advice before getting into the water. Afterwards you will also receive access to the swimsmoot.guru website (30 days free) with videos detailing the skills we went through during the session and the swimsmooth guide to open water swimming. We also share some offers for other sessions we offer in the Open Water and Pool that you may be interested in.
The workshop is delivered by Jason Tait, South West Swims head coach who is a specialist in open water and triathlon swimming, Swim Smooth certified, Swim England and STA open water coaching qualified (Helping develop and write the STA coaching qualification). Jason is supported where needed by South West Swims other open water specialist, Colin Jones. Whatever level you swim at you could not be in better hands with two very experienced coaches helping your journey..
To participate all swimmers will need to bring:
- Wetsuit (triathlon/swimming suit NOT a tri suit) – optional on SWS coaches written approval in temperatures over 20 degrees plus but recommended for these sessions due to the stop start nature of skills development. We do offer very good prices on the Zone3 range of Wetsuits which we can obtain for you via Zone3 directly, please enquire.
- Bright coloured swim cap (or two), We provide a South West Swim hat as part of your session fee.
- Swimming gloves and booties are optional.
- A swimming tow float, such as the Swim Secure Tow Float / Dry Bag Range. These are loaned to you as part of the session so don't worry if you don't have your own, or they are available on our website.
- Upon booking you will receive a 10% off code for use in our retail store on products (Not valid for Wetsuit purchases)
SWS Bespoke, a tailored session to meet your needs or your clubs needs:
If you have your own group of friends, tri club, swim club or want this type of session as a 1-2-1 then we can schedule and tailor a session to your needs. Please get in contact with us at Swim@southwestswim.co.uk for details and scheduling options.