Trans Voice Tune-Up is a monthly, ONLINE, voice-centered opportunity for trans folks to deepen their understanding of the speaking voice, troubleshoot hang-ups, and connect with other voice users. Struggling with a particular aspect of your voice? We'll work on it together. Feeling out of practice? We'll do some exercises to get you back on track. Work with other Voice Lab students in a supportive, collaborative environment catered to what you need.
Transgender Voice and Speech: Training for Teachers is a weekend online intensive for voice teachers and SLPs that will give you speech and singing voice training techniques for transgender and non-binary clients. Topics include gender affirming care basics as well as voice feminization and masculinziation tools.
You already know that voice training is a deeply personal and healing process. For transgender and non-binary people, discovering confidence and authenticity through voice is empowering and life-changing. Utilize your knowledge of singing to help trans and non-binary students find their authentic voice through this interactive weekend online course.
Saturday and Sunday
October 17 and 18
10:00 am - 4:00 pm Central Time
- Gender 101: terminology and effective communication
- Psychological perspectives
- Gender perception in voice
- Medical interventions for vocal transition
- One Weird Trick: methods and exercises
- Voice feminization part 1
- Voice feminization part 2
- Voice masculinization part 1
- Voice masculinization part 2
- Repertoire for singers