Blue Mind Workshop
Have you ever been drawn to water? Or felt calmer after spending time by the ocean? Dive in with Krystina Jarvis, owner of A Drop in the Ocean, and Casey Hubbell, co-founder of Yoga Wild, as we explore why. Through reading, journaling, discussion, and yoga, we will explore our relationship with water, how we feel around water, the stresses imposed upon wild waters, and how we can be advocates for water’s protection.
Based on the book Blue Mind: The Surprising Science That Shows How Being In, On, or Under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do by Wallace J. Nichols, this workshop will connect mindfulness with environmental sustainability, giving you the tools you need to protect this big blue marble we call home.
- There will be a discussion of the book but reading not required.
- No yoga experience necessary.
- About 90 minutes of discussion, 30 minutes of yoga.
What to bring
- Journal and pen
- Yoga mat (we have extras to borrow)
- Class is held in the lawn at Dune Peninsula. Bring anything you need for comfort: lawn chair, blanket, layers, snacks, etc.