Mindfulness essentially teaches teens how to respond to situations thoughtfully instead of reacting impulsively. Mindful skills and techniques are especially beneficial for teens who have increased responsibilities from school and extracurricular activities; high-pressure expectations from parents, teachers, and family members; and emotional break-ups, arguments with friends, and stressful social situations.
Mindful Teen 6 Week Program
Mindfulness is a powerful way to handle the pressures of being a teen and the stress that occurs. This program connects with issues that the modern day teen faces on a daily basis and caters to cultivating and developing healthy ways to manage environments, people and situations that are difficult for teens.
If your teen is experiencing any of the following, this program is for them!
- Do they find themselves feeling anxious, sad, overwhelmed, depressed or lonely?
- Do they experience stress at school in the form of pressure to get more involved, better grades, etc?
- Do they feel like life is spinning out of control and they don’t know what to do?
- Do they have physical pain in the body or health concerns?
What Your Teen Will Learn
* Mindfulness techniques they can use anytime, during stressful situations at school, in difficult conversations with teachers or parents and with friends.
* Meditation techniques like sitting meditations, walking meditations, body scans and mindful movements.
* What stress exactly is and how to manage it.
* Improved attention and focus.
* Better able to manage emotions.
* Gain greater awareness and control of their thoughts and actions.
* Discover the natural power and peace that is always inside at any given moment.
* Cultivating a practice of gratitude and learning how to focus on seeing the good things in life.
Here are just a few examples of what the research is finding about the benefits of Mindfulness Meditation: