What sets TKD Wellness apart from your typical Taekwondo school? We incorporate three distinct services into our classes that are aimed at helping youth, adults and their families improve their mental health and family and peer dynamics.
- The first key component is psycho-education, which is teaching psychological hygiene, coping skills, and social skills.
- The second key component is parent coaching which offers modeling and guidance to support families, improving their communication and interactions with their kids and others.
- Mindfulness meditation is the third key component, which is incorporated into each session to take advantage of its many benefits such as improved attention span, pain relief, improved self esteem, and decrease in anxiety and depression to name a few.
In addition our classes:
- Are smaller in size (15-20 students max).
- Do not teach weapons.
- Teach sparring beginning at green belt level once student has demonstrated self control.
- All classes are taught by Dr. Torres, Clinical Psychologist and Cofounder of Intuition Wellness Center.