Our massage services are therapeutic in nature and involve the careful manipulation of soft tissues structures within the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm, and stress which serves to promote your overall health and well-being.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and well-being.
By the very nature, massage and bodywork therapy requires skin-to-skin contact and you should be familiar with the fact the infection control has always been a high priority for our practice. As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the newest strand of coronavirus, please help us to support all of our clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
Our massage therapy practice follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You will see these changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our clients, members, therapist and staff:
• We will communicate with you beforehand to obtain updates to your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
• We will ask that you properly bathe within 2 hours prior to your massage therapy appointment.
• Your therapist will greet you in the lobby and use a no touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you do not have a fever.
• We will ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since you scheduled your session. If you feel ill on the day of your session, you will not be penalized for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have symptoms of any illness.
• Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building and throughout your entire massage session.
• You will be asked to sign an informed consent form that states, “Despite taking precautions, close contact with a massage practitioner may increase my risk of infection from illnesses or disease such as COVID-19. After carefully considering all the benefits and risk stated above, I consent to massage treatment by signing below.”
• There is a hand-hygiene station that we will ask for you to use before you enter the treatment room. You will also find hand sanitizer in the treatment room, restroom and lobby areas for you to use as needed.
We look forward to being of service to you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, additional clients and your therapist safe in our massage practice. Thank you for being our client. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you to a safe and therapeutic environment.