The Art of Breathing: A Pranayama Immersion
Saturday, February 15 from Noon to 5PM AND Sunday, February 16 from Noon to 5PM
Yoga Teachers registered with Yoga Alliance receive 10 hours continuing education.
There is an old yogic tale that we are only born with so many breaths…. and to lengthen life and pave a path to awakening, we must learn to lengthen our breath in practice to work through our karmas and attain liberation in this life.. this body..
Learn, practice and experience the art of breathing and breath control through the classic, Viniyoga teachings of breath-centric asana and pranayama.
In this conceptual and experiential Two-Part Pranayama workshop, students will learn how to adapt their breath in core asana postures, as well as in seated pranayama to attain many of the physiological and meditative benefits that this beautiful, ancient practice provides.
1. The definition of Prana and Pranayama.
2. How Pranayama influences the nervous system and brings about many of its benefits.
3. Biomechanics of Respiration. (How to Breathe)
4. Exploring The Four Parts of The Breath and how to develop and sequence them for optimal physiological functioning.
5. Directional Flow Breathing.
6. Human Energy Paradigm. (Learn to practice for optimal energetic needs, think proper practice for morning for vitality and proper practice for sleep in the evening.)
7.. Breath Centric Asana. (How to adapt and lengthen the breath in Asana Postures in preparation for seated pranayama.)
8. Krama Breathing. (Segmented Breathing to develop breath mechanics.)
9. Ratio and Threshold Breathing. (Applying seconds to each part of the breath for nervous system balance, direction and regulation).
1. Short Review of Part One.
2. More Ratio and Threshold Breathing. (Concepts and Practice)
3. Pranayama Techniques and Their Methods of Valving:
Anuloma Ujjayi, Viloma Ujjayi, Nadi Sodhana, Pratiloma Ujjayi, Sitali/Sitkari
We will examine how to prepare for these techniques, as well as how to sequence them
4. The Symbol System of Pranayama: Paradigms of Heating and Cooling and
Stimulating and Sedating the Nadis.
5. Using Pranayama in Meditation
Benefits of learning, exploring and practicing breath adaptation and pranayama may include:
-Manage Stress and Stress Relief, Anxiety and Depression
-Increased Vitality and Clarity
-Optimal Physiological Functioning
-Calms the mind, balances the emotions
-Improves Meditation Practice
The Art of Breathing promises to give yoga students and yoga teachers a deeper understanding of their own breath and how to use it appropriately to enhance energy, calm the mind and balance the emotions. This workshop also promises to add depth to participants yoga or meditation practice through the approaches and techniques taught, herein.
The Art of Breathing will be led by Jarrod Roy 500-Hour Certified Viniyoga Teacher,
Jarrod’s approach to yoga teaching is gentle, inclusive, intuitive and adaptive. He teaches to the individual and cater’s to the needs of each person. He brings with him a passion and enthusiasm for helping students to understand the full breadth and depth that the ancient yoga tradition provides.
Pranayama is a huge part of his daily practice and teaching methods. Jarrod feels that a few minutes of a breath awareness focused practice can be life changing and transformative for all practitioners willing to devote the time to learning the proper methods of preparation for pranayama, and the proper way and times to engage in the techniques.
Bring your yoga mat or rent one of ours. All others props are provided. Save when you register by Saturday, February 8, 2020. $95 investment or $125 after that date.