Intensive Mat-Plus (IMP) Online provides you with the solid foundation and skills you need to develop effective and motivating group and personal training programs. This course teaches you to design and teach the Level 1 (Essential and Intermediate) Matwork repertoire, integrating light accessories to add variety and meet the specific needs of your clients.
You will learn:
- Workout composition for personal and group training
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Flex-Band®, Fitness Circle® and Arc Barrel® workouts
- Effective communication and observational skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- 63 exercises plus multiple modifications
Comprehensive Matwork Manual
4 video titles:
- Essential Matwork 3rd Ed
- Intermediate Matwork 3rd Ed
- Sculpt & Tone
- Fitness Circle® Challenge
Matwork & Reformer Support Materials
NOTE: Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Book is required for IMP and IR courses but only needs to be purchased once so not included in Course Package.
Fitness Circle (Strongly Recommended)
Scholarships available for BIPOC students. Click to read details.
If you do not live in the Bay Area, please let us know before registering for the course. Merrithew requires students residing outside of our Licensed Training Center territory to request admission to this course.
You should have a working knowledge of functional anatomy. If you need a refresher or to get started learning anatomy, sign up for Lead Instructor Trainer and studio founder Holly Furgason's online anatomy course BASIC ANATOMY FOR PILATES INSTRUCTORS hosted by Udemy.
You should have attended a minimum 30 hours Pilates classes/workouts, preferably STOTT PILATES. All registrants of this course receive FREE access to Blue Sparrow Pilates online group classes for a period of time. Additionally, you can practice the matwork along with the DVDs or enroll in Merrithew's online group access as well.