Period:Apr 22, 2023 - Apr 22, 2023
Number of Sessions:1
Days of week
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine native to India to help us live our most whole and healthy lives. It is often referred to as the “sister science of yoga”. In honoring the history and tradition of yoga, Ayurveda is meant to be practiced with yoga, and yoga with Ayurveda. If this is missing from your practice, expect to learn things that have the ability to transform your yoga practice into a total holistic healing tool - mind, body, and spirit.
In this workshop we'll explore:
- beginning to know and understand the unique aspects of our own bodies & minds (dosha)
- the attributes (gunas) to help us recognize imbalances in both mind and body
- routines (dinacharya) for daily living
- a basic introduction to our digestive fire (agni) and toxins (ama)
- asana, pranayama, and meditation choices from an Ayurveda perspective
Workshop will begin and conclude with a brief meditation and breathing practice.
Ayurveda living can elevate your yoga lifestyle to new levels as you seek to better understand yourself and make choices with fierce self-love and compassion for a lifetime of health.
No prior experience is necessary for this beginner workshop.
Class will be instructed by Rebecca Childress, Ayurveda Lifestyle Coach, E-RYT 200, RYT 500, YACEP, and YogaFit for Warriors trauma informed yoga teacher.
Teachers registered with Yoga Alliance will receive 2 CE’s.
Bring your mat, water and wear something comfy!