FLIGHT is an innovative fitness training class that combines strength, flexibily, balance and spinal decompression. With the support of a 9 foot "silk" hammock you will go deeper into yoga poses, challenge your abdominals like no other workout and get the benefit of an intense cardiovascular workout that won't hurt your spine. When was the last time you hung upside down? Workout like a grown-up but feel like a kid.
According to a study by American Council on Exercise (ACE), participants of Aerial Yoga burned an average of 320 calories in a 50 min session and yielded cardiovascular effects in the range of low- to moderate intensity exercise. "After the six-week long Aerial Yoga program, participants experienced significant improvements in several health risk factors such as body weight, body-fat percentage and blood pressure. "
Link to the study:
- FLIGHT classes are included in basic Unlimited Memberships but registrants must commit to a 6 week series.
- There will be a make-up class on week 7. If you have attended all 6 scheduled classes, the 7th class may be taken as a bonus.
- Please do not sign up for the series if you know you are unable to attend at least 4 classes.
- Refunds are not available for missed classes.
- Registration is first-come first-served with equal consideration given to members and non-members alike.
- Discounts are not available for partial series attendance.