This course is a Qualification Training in YIN YOGA. Anyone can participate, whether you are a yoga professional expanding your teaching reportoire or a dedicated student curious about the practice of Yin Yoga. This course is a stand alone qualification, but can also be applied as a prerequisite for modules 2 & 3 which culminates in a 100-hour Yin Yoga Specialist Certification.
This training is intended to introduce then expand upon the relevant theories, cosmologies and practices that form the foundation of Yin Yoga. Through intensive practice we will explore new domains for enhancing the beneficial impact that Yin Yoga in all its expressions has in the physical, mental, emotional, energetic and spiritual realms. Your confidence and competence to share the practice as a teacher, new sources of inspiration and your own potential for enlightenment will be revealed and nurtured. Specifically, the course objectives are as follows:
- To study Yin & Yang cosmology as a spectrum of potential that can be realized through practice.
- To examine and apply Yin Yoga from a functional perspective
- To witness and experience how mindfulness breeds insight and energetic manipulation encourages alchemy.
- To offer a venue for personal experiential transformation to occur.
The course includes:
- A comprehensive handout and access to an 80-page manual and asana guide
- The history & evolution of Yin Yoga
- Why and how Yin Yoga works
- Foundation Poses
- Target area sequencing
- Practice teaching
Date: Nov 28 – Dec 1, 2019
Time: Thurs 5:30 -9:30pm / Fri & Sat 1:00 – 7:00pm / Sun 9:00am – 4:00pm
Fee: $575 +HST