The Bhagavad Gita is one of the oldest scriptures of India. Originally written in Sanskrit, it has been translated to over 75 different languages, captivating the interest & appreciation of all kinds of audiences worldwide for centuries. The thoughts expounded therein originated thousands of years ago and were compiled by the Sage Vyasa, but the message is timeless, conveying deep spiritual knowledge and the practical means to become one’s highest Self.
In today’s world of struggle and strife, conflicts and confusions, fast paced living and abundant distractions – the Bhagavad Gita is a truly an essential resource - a soothing balm to uplift, heal and free you from the burden of misguided thinking and identifications.
Aim of the course:
This course is a humble attempt to unfold the profound, universal and timeless wisdom of the Bhagavad Gita and bring it to a common understanding, relatable to everyday living in today’s world.
It is an opportunity to enhance your spiritual connection to who you truly are and bring enrichment to yourself and the world around you.
- The course will be taught in English. There will be a few Sanskrit mantras/chants as well as popular Gita shlokas (stanzas) that will be taught as part of the course.
- The instructor has over 15 years of experience conducting Bhagavad Gita & Vedanta forums.
- This is the first of 3 independent modules which will dive sequentially deeper in each 10 week session.
- Each session will include brief chanting, pranayama, lecture, discussions, and take-home practices.
Cost $200 for 10 weeks (We believe that cost should never be an obstacle for spiritual study. If you are unable to pay tuition, please email email@example.com to discuss scholarship potential.)
Classes held Every Wednesday, September 15- November 17,
- Do you struggle with symptoms of anxiety or depression?
- Are you in early recovery?
- Are the effects of a traumatic event interfering with your daily life?
- Are you suffering with grief or loss?
If you answered “yes” to any of these, this three-part workshop may be right for you!
This series is specifically designed for those needing a safe space to learn techniques and skills that integrate mind and body through mindfulness, movement and breathwork.
Dates: Sundays - September 12th, October 10th, November 7th
Time: 2-4:30 p.m.
Individual: $60 per workshop
Series: $150 for all three.
** Series of all three are recommended, but not required.
This is the last of three workshops.
Each of the workshops will start and end with a brief check-in and will include both didactic and experiential learning.
For questions, please contact
Tanya Jones, LCSW: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Nyman, LPC: email@example.com
Instructors are 200-hour yoga certified and licensed