Yoga Nidra, or “dynamic sleep,” is a unique, trauma-sensitive approach to deep relaxation, meditation, and transformative dreamwork that can be practiced with little or no yogic experience, yet it encompasses the full breadth of yoga psychology and meditative insight. Yoga Nidra is typically “delivered” to a group by a trained instructor, though it may also be employed in a one-on-one setting (for example, in place of or as an adjunct to counseling, psychotherapy, energy work, etc.). Ultimately, it may become the foundation of your yoga practice and journey of self-discovery.
This comprehensive and nourishing, 12-hour teacher training certification course is 100% ONLINE and is open to participants of all levels and backgrounds--no prior experience is necessary. The course includes 8 hours of live class time via ZOOM (4 hours x 2 days), as well as 4+ hours of at-home study and practice that you may complete on your own time.
• Receive a succinct yet adaptable method for delivering Yoga Nidra to diverse audiences.
• Explore ways to incorporate Yoga Nidra into yoga classes, schools, health care clinics, private practice, home/family life, online teaching, etc.
• Examine the theoretical and philosophical foundations of Yoga Nidra, including how it relates to counseling theory, psychology, yoga, mindfulness, Buddhism, etc., as well as evidenced-based research, trauma-informed approaches, and ethical concerns.
• Practice how to connect with yourself and others, foster empathy and develop clear boundaries, while instilling additional strategies for self-care, wellness and prevention.
• Develop tools for deepening your own practice, finding your voice, and speaking authentically from your heart.
• Learn to relax more deeply into the present moment, let go of your fears, revitalize yourself and tap into vast creative resources.
All participants will receive an electronic training manual and, upon fulfillment of all course requirements, a certificate of completion for Level I.
*** About the presenter:
Nick Atlas, PhD, E-RYT 500, YACEP, is the Director of Evolutionary Education®, and a lead trainer, coach, and consultant with twenty years experience in the healing and expressive arts. Dr. Nick is also an Instructor of Transpersonal Psychology at Atlantic University, and has traveled the world as a meditation teacher, dreamworker, psychedelic-integration specialist, visual artist, author, and musician. He is currently based in the Berkshire Mountains of Western Massachusetts. nickatlas.com / evolutionaryeducation.org