How to Keep Your Online Martial Arts Clients Motivated
Struggling to make your new virtual martial arts studio a success? You’re not alone! In the post COVID-19 fitness world, most businesses are looking to find their way back to a reality that makes sense. When your business centers around person-to-person interaction, how can you get that connection online?
With this new reality, comes a new approach. You’ve pivoted to accommodate online services, now you need to think bigger. We’ve got some suggestions to make your business a success by keeping your martial arts clients invested, engaged and motivated!
Make your virtual classes interesting
It’s time to spice up your online services by setting yourself apart from your competition and we can help! Get set up with WellnessLiving’s Zoom integration so you can livestream from anywhere with just a few clicks. Your clients will love the seamless solution and so will you! Once you make it simple, getting students involved in your classes will keep it interesting. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Have students interact with each other
- Have a contest with prizes and discounts
- Take requests from students for what they want to learn
Make your students part of the process to keep them involved and interested, and set your studio apart with a brand new approach.
Give students an on-demand option
How can you further pique your clients’ interest? Offer more easy-to-use options! Focus on convenience with our on-demand option and they’ll get the live class feel on their own time—whenever and wherever they want. Make your content easily accessible to your whole community with WellnessLiving’s built-in video platform (FitVID on Demand) to meet the demand and offer better service.
The more convenient you make the experience, the more your services will stand out!
Offer free or discounted virtual workshops
Keep your students engaged and make a name for yourself by upping the value your business brings! You could offer workshops at no charge, feature an introductory offer or give a break on your regular rates. Use this opportunity to teach your community and provide a valuable service they’ve been missing. It’s time to get creative to attract attention and raise attendance for your virtual martial arts studio!
- Offer virtual summer camp, with a new workshop each week.
- Or a workshop for beginners, to draw in a new crowd.
- Or maybe you want to offer something that’s not on your regular roster like a self-defense workshop.
Go live with a webinar special guest with big name
Make your studio the talk of the town with a headliner! Inviting a celebrity fighter, UFC star or another big name to a Zoom workshop will create a buzz for your business, bring in new prospective clients and give your students something to look forward to! If you’re not sure who might be a draw, poll your student for a few of their favorites, and go from there.
Put together incentives for using your services
Sometimes all it takes is a little nudge to get your students investing time and money into your studio! Keep them motivated with incentives so they’re inspired to earn rewards, as you build loyalty, even if their visits are only virtual. WellnessLiving can get you set up with a customized loyalty rewards program your community will love!
How does it work? When they sign up for your services, refer a friend, post a review or shout out on social media, they earn points to be redeemed for prizes. You can also give freebies for single actions to keep them actively engaged. Here are a few ideas to motivate your students with incentives:
- Free merchandise or gear with the purchase of a one-year membership
- Free one-to-one lessons as a way to promote personal sessions
- Free on-demand classes like 1-class, 5-class or 10-class packages
Don’t forget to promote
The first step in motivating your online students to stay involved is communication! How can they get excited if you don’t spread the word? Keep your students eager and enthusiastic by keeping them in the loop. Here are some of the ways to let them know about the great things to come:
- Email: Tailor your email campaign by creating specific member groups with WellnessLiving so you only target the people you need to (groups like boxing members, MMA, karate, etc.).
- Text: Send a personal message where you know they’ll respond! Touch base with clients with a SMS message to stay connected and keep them updated on what you have planned.
- Social media: Start a Facebook group, share stories on Facebook and Instagram, and include short promo videos, teaser clips and more to create engagement and keep your students in the know.
Keep them motivated
By putting virtual services front and center, COVID-19 has made connecting with your students a challenge, but there are still plenty of ways you can keep them motivated. Mix it up with fresh content, expand with on-demand options, offer new workshops, promote incentives and stay in touch so they’re in the loop! You’ll see your attendance rise, your engagement boosted and your profits grow when you focus on motivating your online martial arts students.
Make the most of your time with all of WellnessLiving has to offer! We can help you automate your marketing, build your online brand, up your customer experience, and more. Learn all about how we can help build your business! Book a free, no-commitment demo with WellnessLiving today.